Author Topic: The MEGA Political Cartoon/Meme Thread  (Read 147791 times)

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
Re: The MEGA Political Cartoon/Meme Thread
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2017, 15:01:28 »
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2017, 18:05:12 »
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -1500.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2017, 20:42:33 »
I think this fits here rather nicely.

Kinda like his Nobel Prize that the Committee decided a year later that he shouldn't have gotten it, in the first place and if they could take it back, they would.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/04/president-obama-awards-himself-distinguished-public-service-medal/

Obama-Distinguished Public Service Medal-GettyGetty Images
by WARNER TODD HUSTON4 Jan 201711,501

On Wednesday, President Obama added another prestigious medal to his Nobel Prize collection when he had Defense Secretary Ash Carter award him with the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.
Secretary Carter awarded his boss with the medal on January 4 during the Armed Forces Full Honor Farewell Review for the President held at Conmy Hall, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in Virginia.

Carter insisted that the medal was a token of appreciation for Obama’s service as commander in chief, the Associated Press reported.

After spending the last few weeks throwing roadblocks in the path of President-elect Donald Trump and his transition team, Obama nonetheless claimed in his remarks to the members of the military in attendance that “We’ve got to make sure that during this transition period that there is a seamless passing of the baton, that there’s continuity.”

Many commenters on Knoller’s Twitter feed were incredulous at the award. Some likened the award to a much maligned “participation medal” and others were skeptical of Obama’s underling giving his own boss a medal.

This is kinda' like when Idi Amin proclaimed himself "Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular"

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:34:11 by milnews.ca »
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Optio

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -1500.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2017, 21:12:05 »
Not quite.

http://www.snopes.com/did-obama-award-himself-a-distinguished-public-service-medal/

Perhaps you missed all the reports that showed Snopes was caught rigging their info for the Democrats?

Truthfully, I could care less what's true, or false, in the news. There's always going to be partisan reporting. I thought it was funny. Besides, I'd have to spend all of my time fact checking instead of posting crap.  [:D

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2017, 21:19:27 »
Not quite.

http://www.snopes.com/did-obama-award-himself-a-distinguished-public-service-medal/

"Previous recipients of the medal include former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, Steven Spielberg, and Henry Kissinger."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Defense_Medal_for_Distinguished_Public_Service#Notable_recipients

I thought it was funny.

Maybe you will find this funny too.  :)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 22:58:27 by mariomike »

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2017, 22:15:18 »

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2017, 07:32:10 »
Perhaps you missed all the reports that showed Snopes was caught rigging their info for the Democrats?
Maybe you trust the Department of Defence info-machine more, then? ;)  Or did I miss the wave of disgust over self-awarded medals when this happened in 2009?  #NoDoubleStandardsHere
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:39:32 by milnews.ca »
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:05:52 by mariomike »

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -1500.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2017, 10:18:26 »
 :o Lighten up guys. It's Radio Chatter. Put some fun in your lives and enjoy the ride for a change. You're going to give yourselves a stroke trying to fact check everything I post. Do you really care that much about Trump or Obama, or Trudeau for that matter? These are three guys that opened themselves to this innuendo when they joined and there's absolutely SFA that any of us can do about them. So just relax, take the chuckle and move on. You shouldn't have trouble differentiating their policies and political ramifications from all the idiot things, glamour, glitz and garbage going on around them. You're smarter than that.

Unless your a fanboy ;) :rofl:

HAGO  :salute:

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2017, 10:40:41 »
:o Lighten up guys. It's Radio Chatter. Put some fun in your lives and enjoy the ride for a change. You're going to give yourselves a stroke trying to fact check everything I post. Do you really care that much about Trump or Obama, or Trudeau for that matter? These are three guys that opened themselves to this innuendo when they joined and there's absolutely SFA that any of us can do about them. So just relax, take the chuckle and move on. You shouldn't have trouble differentiating their policies and political ramifications from all the idiot things, glamour, glitz and garbage going on around them. You're smarter than that.

Unless your a fanboy ;) :rofl:

HAGO  :salute:
Doesn't matter what I think of any of the above.  When this was first posted, it was in the "Walts" thread, so I guess some folks (myself included) responded to that based on a thread for exposing walts.  I now see someone moved this to the "Funnies" thread - I guess now that it's here, I suppose I don't have a sense of humour  ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:06:10 by milnews.ca »

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -1500.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2017, 14:23:29 »
I moved it from the Walt thread, because it started going off track and getting too large. I moved it, because I realized it was the wrong fit. I moved it because, even though I thought it was funny, some didn't share my view. I moved it because, I posted as a funny, but then people got really, really serious and started all the fact checking and debating. I moved it so it wouldn't cause so much angst.There was nothing nefarious in the move. It's just a better fit. That's why Mods have a Merge and Move button. Sorry if anyone is butt hurt about the move, that wasn't the intention. Mea culpa.

However, given my propensity for posting a 10 second article without 30 minutes of fact checking, I have come up with a cunning plan.

If you see this,  :whistle: at the beginning of one of my posts, it means this:

DISCLAIMER: The preceding, posted by me, has not been fact checked. It is not based on identifiable sources, but simply my own opinion. Feel free to try change my mind, on important subjects, I’ll listen, but still may not agree with you, so don’t be offended. It’s not personal. This disclaimer will shortly be replaced with this smilie,  :whistle: at the beginning of my posts (as above) that require it. Cheers.

Hope that's agreeable to everyone and ends some of the confusion with my posts.  :salute:

Offline Larry Strong

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • 546 days from 0 to being King of the Castle
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2017, 21:23:24 »

DISCLAIMER: The preceding, posted by me, has not been fact checked. It is not based on identifiable sources, but simply my own opinion. Feel free to try change my mind, on important subjects, I’ll listen, but still may not agree with you, so don’t be offended. It’s not personal. This disclaimer will shortly be replaced with this smilie,  :whistle: at the beginning of my posts (as above) that require it. Cheers.

Clipped and saved....will be a well used disclaimer......   :D

Cheers
Larry
Proud sponsor of the Maple Leaf Legacy Project. http://www.mapleleaflegacy.ca

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2017, 09:27:20 »
We have to remember to check if we are in RADIO CHATTER before we want to "seriously" comment on a less than "serious" thread.    [:D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2017, 09:43:58 »
We have to remember to check if we are in RADIO CHATTER before we want to "seriously" comment on a less than "serious" thread.    [:D
Noted, and sorted out - thanks.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2017, 18:37:40 »

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2017, 20:44:45 »

Alec Baldwin just trolled Trump again by walking around New York City wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat — with the embroidered logo in Russian.

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2017, 23:24:16 »
Now that is funny.

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2017, 03:55:31 »

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -1500.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2017, 12:54:36 »
Loss of investment, loss of jobs, loss of revenue. With the auto investments, alone, he's moving/ moved back to the States, Mexico has already paid for it, so it seems. And he's not even sworn in yet. They don't have to be presented a bill in exchange for a cheque to make them pay for it. ;)

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2017, 13:43:36 »
This is Yuge!!!!  Bigger than Jeyennah!!!

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2017, 16:20:29 »

Online dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2017, 17:05:36 »

Should not make fun of the cartoon but it reminds me of my 3B course, there was more pills in peoples rucks than most pharmacies. 
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2017, 11:03:49 »
Loss of investment, loss of jobs, loss of revenue. With the auto investments, alone, he's moving/ moved back to the States, Mexico has already paid for it, so it seems. And he's not even sworn in yet. They don't have to be presented a bill in exchange for a cheque to make them pay for it. ;)

Not to mention entry fees and remittance taxes and with the current trade imbalance, not much Mexico could do about it.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2017, 13:08:08 »
.....wondered where I heard this before......

Any fighter jocks in the room?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.