Author Topic: VAC wait times  (Read 115742 times)

Offline JP199999

• Rate Post
Re: VAC wait times
« Reply #350 on: July 15, 2019, 15:22:12 »
I also had a claim completed recently, had to wait almost 2 weeks to get the lump sum form and then was told it would be "a maximum of 6 weeks" before I see funds deposited in my account. A complete joke IMO as they keep adding new hurdles every time you think something is getting better... I am also pissed off as my claims from before 1 April 2019 were completed afterwards therefore I am not eligible for a lump sum as well as the additional monthly amount. It would be nice to get both as you would get the benefit of cash now and a small monthly amount forever... I think they should treat claims that were submitted before 1 april 2019 as claims that were approved before this date.

I suggest everyone email the minister, and if you have time re-send the same message to the minister's parliament address too.

vac.minister-ministre.acc@canada.ca

Ill be interested to see what happens with the elections and if the libs get punted to see how if at all the next gvt will change things for vets. I asked the conservatives what their platform is for vets/mil, but they replied saying they have not released anything yet, so a big nothing lol 

Cheers, and hopefully you guys start seeing some movement on your benefits soon.

Offline Wolfeyez

• Rate Post
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2019, 18:33:02 »
Arggg! Why does VAC need to send files to different "units"? At no time can I get a straight answer from these people. Every time I ask for an update it is a different answer and it seems like they just want to baffle you with bullshit and hope you go away. What the heck is a "Medical Advisor Unit" and why is it needed (asking because I don't know). Also, does anyone know at which stage this Medical Advisor Unit is (hopefully near the end of the claim process)? I am hoping all is near conclusion, but have been advised this Medical Advisor Unit has a "normal" turnaround time of 90 days to submit their review (to who?).

So far my claim process has been 25 months.

Offline Declajaz

• Rate Post
« Reply #352 on: July 25, 2019, 12:42:53 »
Just got off the phone with VAC. My reassesment claim was approved (More than double the "average wait time")and I had requested a lump sum payment form almost 2 weeks ago. I called today to see if it was sent and was told that the request was put in 2 weeks ago for the form....but it hasnt been sent out yet because that section is so far behind.
He placed another request for me and said he hopes it will be sent out soon, and then started to give me timelines for payments that were incorrect (he said min 60 days, when in fact everything I have read and have been told was 6 weeks.) I informed him of this and after refusing to admit he may be wrong he looked it up. I was right offical timings say 6 weeks.
Now a bit frustrated that nothing has been done yet I asked about a first time claim of mine that had come back from Med review in early June and was for all intents and purposes finished on an adjudicators desk waiting for the letter to be sent. I was told this information on 3 seperate occasions  from different VAC frontline staff since early June.
I let him know this after he told me that he can give me zero information on my file except it is in progress.
He then berated me for knowing information about my file and said Veterans are not allowed to know the progress of their file and no one at VAC was supposed to answer any questions about any file if asked. Told me that I shouldn't even be asking questions and that they shouldn't be giving me any answers because it could cause problems.
I was rather shocked with how rude he was and how he handled it. Not sure who is training these folks, but theyre doing a piss poor job of it.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #353 on: July 27, 2019, 15:18:49 »
Do they not do electronic forms for that anymore? Last time I was able to just submit the form on My Vac account.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2019, 17:35:03 »
Just got off the phone with VAC. My reassesment claim was approved (More than double the "average wait time")and I had requested a lump sum payment form almost 2 weeks ago. I called today to see if it was sent and was told that the request was put in 2 weeks ago for the form....but it hasnt been sent out yet because that section is so far behind.
He placed another request for me and said he hopes it will be sent out soon, and then started to give me timelines for payments that were incorrect (he said min 60 days, when in fact everything I have read and have been told was 6 weeks.) I informed him of this and after refusing to admit he may be wrong he looked it up. I was right offical timings say 6 weeks.
Now a bit frustrated that nothing has been done yet I asked about a first time claim of mine that had come back from Med review in early June and was for all intents and purposes finished on an adjudicators desk waiting for the letter to be sent. I was told this information on 3 seperate occasions  from different VAC frontline staff since early June.
I let him know this after he told me that he can give me zero information on my file except it is in progress.
He then berated me for knowing information about my file and said Veterans are not allowed to know the progress of their file and no one at VAC was supposed to answer any questions about any file if asked. Told me that I shouldn't even be asking questions and that they shouldn't be giving me any answers because it could cause problems.
I was rather shocked with how rude he was and how he handled it. Not sure who is training these folks, but theyre doing a piss poor job of it.

Did you get his name? I would call back with a complaint. In fact, I would have demanded to talk to his supervisor. It wouldn't be the first time, I've had to do it.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6945.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #355 on: July 27, 2019, 21:15:44 »
Sent in all my stuff in March. Two claims. They didn't appear in My VAC for weeks, until I called and asked why. No idea they said. Within a week it showed. Now, this week, while still sitting at Stage1. They sent me the med forms......again, saying to fill them out and mail them back. That was done back in March. Now I have to go back to the Doctor and have her do them again. I am still at Stage 1 and my 16 weeks won't start until they get their duplicate paperwork and get around to looking at it. Then I'll move to Stage 2. March til now. Absolutely nothing.

What a ****ed up, bullshitting bunch of boneheads
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2019, 13:18:04 »
Sent in all my stuff in March. Two claims. They didn't appear in My VAC for weeks, until I called and asked why. No idea they said. Within a week it showed. Now, this week, while still sitting at Stage1. They sent me the med forms......again, saying to fill them out and mail them back. That was done back in March. Now I have to go back to the Doctor and have her do them again. I am still at Stage 1 and my 16 weeks won't start until they get their duplicate paperwork and get around to looking at it. Then I'll move to Stage 2. March til now. Absolutely nothing.

What a ****ed up, bullshitting bunch of boneheads
I had a claim sit at stage 1 since Dec 18 and they just suspended it a week ago saying they need the doc to fill out the form. Didn't mail anything. Had to print it myself. I always make sure to get a copy of the forms that the doc fills out, scan them and upload with my vac in addition to the doctor faxing them. I find when upload them, no one can claim that they were lost somewhere and it makes it move faster to stage 3.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Offline Wolfeyez

• Rate Post
« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2019, 00:05:39 »
I had a claim sit at stage 1 since Dec 18 and they just suspended it a week ago saying they need the doc to fill out the form. Didn't mail anything. Had to print it myself. I always make sure to get a copy of the forms that the doc fills out, scan them and upload with my vac in addition to the doctor faxing them. I find when upload them, no one can claim that they were lost somewhere and it makes it move faster to stage 3.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Good information for all.

Offline 280 lady

• Rate Post
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2019, 19:25:15 »
Vac wait times are so slow and the more questions I ask the more impatient my case manager gets! Wanna reach through the phone and strangle the ignorant piss ant! I was given 10% 2 years ago, reassessment was received April 2nd 2019 and they say there still working on claims from 2018. Like WTF! In the mean time I'm great one day and make lists of people I wanna obliterate the next. I'm so frustrated. My family disowned ME, my friends think I'm right retarded and vac employees are a bunch of self ritious, judgemental imbeciles that don't give a frig about vets. Yet our great spinner for the media called the ombudsmen is a joke! As long as the media portrays vets being well taken care of when in fact some days just talking to a vac rep makes me want to throw myself in front of a first place semi in a semi race. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for there little earnings loss benefit I'd have nothing and most likely have checked out by now. BUT frankly they can take there condescending tones and godly self ritious undertones and ques and shove it up there ***. I signed an open ended cheque up to and including my life when my piss ant case manager would not. Am I all deserving? No! Do I deserve more or better service than the next brother in line?? Absolutely ******* not!! But as vets I think we have earned the right to be treated like an adult! Not a ******* 5 year old BEGGING for a cookie!! NAVY OUT

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #359 on: August 03, 2019, 15:14:46 »
Vac wait times are so slow and the more questions I ask the more impatient my case manager gets! Wanna reach through the phone and strangle the ignorant piss ant! I was given 10% 2 years ago, reassessment was received April 2nd 2019 and they say there still working on claims from 2018. Like WTF! In the mean time I'm great one day and make lists of people I wanna obliterate the next. I'm so frustrated. My family disowned ME, my friends think I'm right retarded and vac employees are a bunch of self ritious, judgemental imbeciles that don't give a frig about vets. Yet our great spinner for the media called the ombudsmen is a joke! As long as the media portrays vets being well taken care of when in fact some days just talking to a vac rep makes me want to throw myself in front of a first place semi in a semi race. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for there little earnings loss benefit I'd have nothing and most likely have checked out by now. BUT frankly they can take there condescending tones and godly self ritious undertones and ques and shove it up there ***. I signed an open ended cheque up to and including my life when my piss ant case manager would not. Am I all deserving? No! Do I deserve more or better service than the next brother in line?? Absolutely ******* not!! But as vets I think we have earned the right to be treated like an adult! Not a ******* 5 year old BEGGING for a cookie!! NAVY OUT

I understand your frustration but are you ok? Sound like life is kicking you in the add right now. VAC is frustrating but hang in there, it will eventually get better. If you need to chat with someone and your friends/family aren't there for you crap me a PM or reachout to one of the options listed here.

https://vtncanada.org/resources/

Don't let despair win.

Offline kalobis

• Rate Post
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2019, 22:10:49 »
Been awfully quiet in here, does this mean VAC beat us all down?

My wife spoke to a friend who said they were working on files from February of 2018. That is something right?

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6945.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2019, 22:52:59 »

My wife spoke to a friend who said they were working on files from February of 2018. That is something right?

You never know where they are. Call five times, you'll get five different answers

On your other point, VAC hasn't  beat me down. I also know that worring bout it is useless and unhealthy. I don't panic much, because they have to include backpay. I'm out nothing but time. Something I have an abundance of.
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2019, 22:56:41 »
They've been giving me consistent answers with regards to times, maybe they started noting down what they tell you. A week and a half ago I got first applications were on Feb 18 and reassessments on Dec 18. Been trying to get a suspended claim restarted since I uploaded the required forms a month ago but still nothing. 8 months now without even going to stage 2....

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2019, 15:51:12 »

My February 18 claim was completed a couple weeks ago. Now I just need to wait for money and the results of the appeal I had to submit.

I still have 2 ongoing but the one nearest completion is only at 47 weeks. I stopped complaining until it hits a year.

Offline lapinpunki

• Rate Post
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2019, 18:38:22 »
Applying for Tinnitus. I just got informed that my claim Is in step 3 nous. The estimated wait time is 24 weeks. I’m just curious as to when this 24 weeks starts because of the wording in the comment section in the Track my application section:

"Your claim is at the decision making level. All your supporting documentation was received on February 25, 2019. Although we strive to provide a decision within 16 weeks, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of applications"

Feb 25th is the exact day I placed my claim. The way it’s worded means the 24 week wait starts then?
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: NES OP
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: ACISS
Application Date: July 22, 2014
CFAT : August 11, 2014   passed!
Medical : October 2, 2014
Interview: October 22, 2014
Merit listed: November 28, 2014
Position Offered: December 2 ,2014
Swearing ceremony: Feb 2, 2015
BMQ: February 14, 2015

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2019, 22:49:46 »
Applying for Tinnitus. I just got informed that my claim Is in step 3 nous. The estimated wait time is 24 weeks. I’m just curious as to when this 24 weeks starts because of the wording in the comment section in the Track my application section:

"Your claim is at the decision making level. All your supporting documentation was received on February 25, 2019. Although we strive to provide a decision within 16 weeks, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of applications"

Feb 25th is the exact day I placed my claim. The way it’s worded means the 24 week wait starts then?

Yes, the timer starts from Feb 25. Will be longer than 24 weeks.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #366 on: September 05, 2019, 00:35:59 »

My last claim was 15 months from the time I provided all the documentation to a decision. I have added another month waiting for a form to arrive that is required to be submitted in order to receive a lump sum payment. I'm looking at 6 weeks after that to finally receive the bulk of my award. So assuming the form arrives tomorrow (unlikely) and I send it to them electronically (likely) it will be in the neighbourhood of 18 months from application to award.

Based on my claims, I would estimate the time has increased by almost in the last 4 years.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2019, 14:13:30 »
In a new development, I have been on hold for the my VAC account for the last 5 minutes. I didn't even know that was possible. VAC is really innovative.

Offline RangerDave

• Rate Post
« Reply #368 on: September 11, 2019, 10:37:54 »
My last claim was 15 months from the time I provided all the documentation to a decision. I have added another month waiting for a form to arrive that is required to be submitted in order to receive a lump sum payment. I'm looking at 6 weeks after that to finally receive the bulk of my award. So assuming the form arrives tomorrow (unlikely) and I send it to them electronically (likely) it will be in the neighbourhood of 18 months from application to award.

Based on my claims, I would estimate the time has increased by almost in the last 4 years.

My current claim for a single condition was submitted in March of 2018 and all required documents were received late June 2018. I called last week and was told best guess was my file would receive a decision by December 2019 or January 2020. So add at least a month for the payout paperwork (if the claim is approved) and it's about a 20 month wait from the completed file or 24 months from opening the application to payout...

It's a joke that they even have 16 weeks as the standard they strive for... I certainty don't expect same day service but 2 years is comical. The message is pretty clear, I'm asking for more than the government has to give!

Offline Wolfeyez

• Rate Post
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2019, 11:18:24 »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 22:50:51 by Wolfeyez »

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #370 on: September 11, 2019, 15:21:16 »
My current claim for a single condition was submitted in March of 2018 and all required documents were received late June 2018. I called last week and was told best guess was my file would receive a decision by December 2019 or January 2020. So add at least a month for the payout paperwork (if the claim is approved) and it's about a 20 month wait from the completed file or 24 months from opening the application to payout...

It's a joke that they even have 16 weeks as the standard they strive for... I certainty don't expect same day service but 2 years is comical. The message is pretty clear, I'm asking for more than the government has to give!

I have been waiting for about 6 weeks for the paperwork. Apparently they sent it on the 31st of August and Canada post takes longer to deliver their mail than anyone else's. I can't believe they can't scan it and email me a copy.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #371 on: September 11, 2019, 15:55:07 »
I have been waiting for about 6 weeks for the paperwork. Apparently they sent it on the 31st of August and Canada post takes longer to deliver their mail than anyone else's. I can't believe they can't scan it and email me a copy.

You got a VAC office nearby? You can go in and get them to print it out for you.

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #372 on: September 11, 2019, 16:02:18 »
Apparently they sent it on the 31st of August and Canada post takes longer to deliver their mail than anyone else's. I can't believe they can't scan it and email me a copy.

All VAC/BPA mail is couriered to a central mailing point where it is then released to Canada Post. Offices are not authorized to send mail by Canada Post, nor I believe email as what they send is classified. All BC mail is sent to a PQ office for mailing. Cant remember the location.
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression