Author Topic: VAC wait times  (Read 72013 times)

Offline GreenArmychick

• Rate Post
  • 100% Canadian chick!
Re: VAC wait times
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2018, 18:10:16 »
I applied for CIA end of January and it was approved as of last week. Can't remember if it's backdated to when we apply and if so, how long it will take to receive the backpay.
Pretty sure it gets backdated to application. 
Thanks for reply, I might see it around Oct (hopefully this year) as I applied in April, then added Supplement application a few weeks later.

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2018, 19:24:41 »
I applied for CIA end of January and it was approved as of last week. Can't remember if it's backdated to when we apply and if so, how long it will take to receive the backpay.

You will be back dated to date of application. If your approved you should see the money within a week or two. If you have my VAC Account you can view the payments there and the monthly deposits.

Offline upandatom

• Rate Post
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2018, 08:29:56 »
This is what it says on MY VAC regarding my claim:16 weeks from April 27 was yesterday and I just entered step 3.

There are zero repercussions. Which is my big issue. And they won't redzone a file without showing financial distress, or medical treatment not being provided.

If I have a work project, and I have 16 weeks to finish it, and I don't, I'm fired. Plain and simple. VAC is a joke.

The liberal gov spent a tonne of money hiring people, and training them to do a job they weren't qualified for.

The way it's set up, it shouldn't be rocket science. Read the medical experts questionnaire, is it related to service, yes, does it fit the appropriate requirement for X%, yes, awarded to this. (The mental health is built around using keywords, like a PER)

Medical professionals fall under a college for their profession, they get reviewed, regularly. If their files show fraud, they lose their license.

I spent 8 hours of sessions doing the mental health questionnaire, and it took me 1 hr to find out where I am supposed to be at level, I took that to VRAB, and it was open and shut. It took me over two years in the VAC system, starting Jan 15, and getting the result Feb 17 with payout.
I am McLovin