Author Topic: Question about Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Bartan

• Rate Post
Basically my question is if any of you guys have had any experience with Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire and if so how long did the whole process take because on the website it says it could take between 6-18 months to complete.

I just sent in my on-line employment application to the CAF yesterday and I would like to get through this whole process without any major delays. One of the questions on the application was whether or not I have lived in Canada continuously for the past 10 years but I have only lived here continuously for 7 years. However it does say that the Security Clearance Pre-assessment MAY be necessary so hopefully I can avoid it.

I was born in Canada in 1995 and I'm a Canadian citizen. In 2001 I moved with my parents to Kuwait and lived there until 2007. In 2007 me and my mom moved to Slovakia and lived there for almost a year and then we moved back to Canada in March 2008 and I've been here ever since. I don't have a dual citizenship, I'm a Canadian citizen, I don't have any immediate relatives that live outside of Canada. Again the only thing is that I have resided outside of Canada in excess of 180 days in the last ten years. Do you think that will require me to complete the Security Clearance Pre-assessment? I really don't want to have to wait an extra 6-18 months on top of the regular wait time to join the CAF.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
The questionnaire that you filled out, will be sent to another office in Ottawa who will decide whether or not you will be subject to a full Pre-Sec.

All you can do, is wait for your CFRC to respond back.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline Bartan

• Rate Post
The questionnaire that you filled out, will be sent to another office in Ottawa who will decide whether or not you will be subject to a full Pre-Sec.

I'm a little confused, which questionnaire are you talking about? The only thing I have filled out and submitted was my on-line employment application. Am I supposed to have already filled Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire or do I wait for them to tell me to fill it out? On the Forces.ca website under "Apply Now" they talk about the Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire under step 6 and I'm not even done step 2 yet because they haven't asked me to contact my local recruiting centre.

Thank you for the reply by the way.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
I'm a little confused, which questionnaire are you talking about? The only thing I have filled out and submitted was my on-line employment application. Am I supposed to have already filled Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire or do I wait for them to tell me to fill it out? On the Forces.ca website under "Apply Now" they talk about the Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire under step 6 and I'm not even done step 2 yet because they haven't asked me to contact my local recruiting centre.

Thank you for the reply by the way.

My bad.....

Once you have been contacted and are scheduled to write the CFAT/TSD, they will have you complete that questionnaire and that will be sent for assessment.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline Bartan

• Rate Post
Oh I see, thank you very much for the info. Guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed

Offline 7thghoul

• Rate Post
  • CF Applicant
Information Regarding Security Clearance Pre-Assessment
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 13:01:00 »
Hello,

I am currently in the application process and my CFAT is next week. Just wondering if anyone here knows what decision process looks like regarding the "Security Clearance Pre-Assessment". I've done some minor traveling which I don't expect to be an issue but what I am concerned about it having to wait 6-18 months longer due to the fact that I have a common-law relationship with my Australian partner.

I have listed both her parents and step-father as my "in-laws" via common-law although I have only met her mother and step-father once and I have never met her father. Unless I am mistaken these checks are to verify personal connections to potentially damaging parties abroad through relationships and not to sound crass but I don't really have a relationship with the parents of my partner who live on the other side of the world and it would really suck to have to wait for almost double the time of a normal application for this reason.

Not going to "complain" about it if it happens then it happens but just wondering what the process/decision making factors are regarding these kinds of checks.

Cheers.
Recruiting Centre: New Westminister, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Trade Choice 2: V-Tech
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Online Application: June 16th 2017
First Contact: June 22nd 2017
CFAT: July 18th 2017 (Passed)
Pre-Sec Clearance: -
Medical: -