Author Topic: Can regain the ability to edit my posts?  (Read 6279 times)

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Can regain the ability to edit my posts?
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:32 »
I can no longer edit posts, look at user profiles and the search function often fails me(though that may not be related).

Could I get the edit function reinstated?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Can regain the ability to edit my posts?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:14:50 »
I can no longer edit posts, look at user profiles and the search function often fails me(though that may not be related).

Could I get the edit function reinstated?

You only have a limited time to edit your posts.  If your posts are over that time limit there is no way to edit them.  It intended to keep people who post on this site "honest".  Nefarious edits by some less than scrupulous persons within that time limit are already seen and frowned upon heavily by the membership of this site.

Sorry.  If you had not intended to post something on the internet, you should not have.   As a WARNING to all, the internet is not anonymous.  What you post is archived and recoverable by many in the know, even if you think you deleted it or edited it.  SEARCH ENGINES such as "the Wayback Machine are such tools.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 21:00:36 »
I can't edit posts at any time after they are made or look at profiles of other members. I had this ability and then it disappeared for some reason. I just want the ability to fix spelling and grammatical errors.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 00:06:58 »
I can't edit posts at any time after they are made or look at profiles of other members. I had this ability and then it disappeared for some reason. I just want the ability to fix spelling and grammatical errors.

Don't know what the problem is, but doing a spell, grammar, punctuation, syntax check prior to hitting post would alleviate that problem ;)
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 03:43:16 »
That is not what I asked.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 07:21:10 »
That is not what I asked.

No, but if you take the steps George pointed out, you wouldn't have to edit at all.

PM the boss.

Locked.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf