Author Topic: Can someone explain to me why I lost 100 points?  (Read 4364 times)

Offline baseballfan17

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Can someone explain to me why I lost 100 points?
« on: August 26, 2013, 19:11:23 »
Under the forums 'How many applicants did RMC get this year?'

I put:"I heard from a recruiter that RMC received 3000 applicants and only 500 got accepted or it was 1500 applicants and only 300 got accepted. It was a while ago when I spoke to that recruiter, but personally I think 500/3000 is more logical."

Someone said I was spamming and I got reported. I don't want to put the username of the person in case that violates a privacy issue.

Can I get those points back?

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Can someone explain to me why I lost 100 points?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 19:16:19 »
We can see the username of the person who did that.

And, no, I don't think so.  They don't mean anything anyway.....
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

MikeL

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 19:17:13 »
Everyone can see you point history and who docked you the points and why.  This isn't a big deal, not like you use your points to win a really cool award or cash.  If you don't want to lose points, be careful of what you post and make sure it is factual and relevant.

Offline cupper

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then wait until dark.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 19:33:19 »
I don't know, I think both persons made it clear as to why they though you should receive deductions.
It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, it's damned near impossible against a stupid person.

There is no God, and life is just a myth.

"He who drinks, sleeps. He who sleeps, does not sin. He who does not sin, is holy. Therefore he who drinks, is holy."

Let's Go CAPS!

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 19:35:01 »
I'll take a guess at it.....

Someone asked a question regarding recruiting numbers.  You responded with
I heard......3000 applicants and only 500 got accepted..... or it was 1500 applicants and only 300 got accepted. It was a while ago...... personally I think 500/3000 is more logical.

There is no need to make any post when it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

That's just my guess though.

And then someone subsequently took more MilPoints because you didn't even pretend to put effort into searching for your answer before posting "  :crybaby: "

And then.....TheHead came along to give you points because he follows me lustfully through the site to post the opposite of anything I post.  (I think his feelings were hurt by being set to <ignore> ... but again, that's just a guess)
Imagine a world where people lacking the first clue about a topic refrained from posting anyway...

Offline UnwiseCritic

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 19:35:45 »
I get minus points all the time. I say what I say, do what I do because I'm young dumb and full of... Sh** My advice don't walk the line and take the minus points. Really who cares, unless you need to play to your ego.

I wonder how many minus points I'll get for this lol.
"He who hates correction is stupid!"

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 19:38:33 »
I get minus points all the time.
A quick skim of your MilPoints shows you haven't lost any since March. Maybe it's just 'the voices' telling you people are out to get you?    :dunno:
Imagine a world where people lacking the first clue about a topic refrained from posting anyway...

Offline UnwiseCritic

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 19:42:05 »
Lol maybe, wait I see someone coming now!

Or maybe accidentally I smartened up.
"He who hates correction is stupid!"

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 20:49:03 »
Can I get those points back?

The points around here are like the ones on "Whose Line is is It Anyway" they just don't matter. But they can provide amusement when someone starts worrying about them. Most people will only look at your points when you call attention to them.

Offline JesseWZ

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 21:22:08 »
The points around here are like the ones on "Whose Line is is It Anyway" they just don't matter. But they can provide amusement when someone starts worrying about them. Most people will only look at your points when you call attention to them.

My points, all for nought.

The cake is a lie.
I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard...