Author Topic: Naval Reserves Officer Training  (Read 37304 times)

Offline Monsoon

• Rate Post
Re: Naval Reserves Officer Training
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 21:57:49 »
What is harder in BMOQ when compared to BMQ? Do you think one would do okay in it with the fitness info I posted? When you say when people figure out its (MARS) not for them, you mean that they are not up to standards for the job or they just don't like it? Why don't people like MARS if that is so?
Okay - we've drifted into the "millions of threads about this already" zone. Do a Google search prefaced by "site:navy.ca" and boatloads of material from this site to answer these questions will come up.

Offline nick_the_guy

• Rate Post
Re: Naval Reserves Officer Training
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 13:58:18 »
Can anyone comment on the length of each training course up to SLt? How many months it takes to do BMOQ, NETPO, Mars 3 and 4, BWK, OOD and any other courses that I may have missed? I just got a job with a provincial government and I'd like to take advantage of the various leave-of-absence benefits to take a shot at joining the Reserves (eyes set on MARS for the challenge, also since the local naval reserve is not hiring bosuns or LogO's :) ).

Edit: Oh snap, saw an answer to my question in another thread. Sorry about posting a redundant question.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 14:04:59 by nick_the_guy »