Author Topic: Declining an offer (merged)  (Read 38548 times)

Offline FutureMilitaryMan

• Rate Post
Declining An Offer
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2016, 13:29:14 »
First, thank you for taking the time take to read this and possibly get back on this topic.

Basically I was given an offer that I did put on my application that I was interested in at the time, but I no longer am (my application process has been going on a year and a half now).  I have an Electronic Engineering Technician trade, and I wish to pursue a career in that field as a Weapons Technician (Weng Tech I believe), which I also did put on my application. The job I was offered is not in that field and I wish to be able to use the trade I have already been to school for.
I'm more so curious if I decline this offer, will it hurt my chance to hopefully get an offer in the trade I really wish to make my career.

Thanks again for your time.

Offline FutureMilitaryMan

• Rate Post
Re: Declining an offer (merged)
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:13 »
Thank you for merging this with another thread based around the same topic. I have done some reading through this site, and spoke to several friends of mine in the Military and came to a decision. So, I'm just giving you an update on what's going on, in case anyone else is facing the same situation.
With great hesitation, I declined my offer to go into the career the military offered me, NESOP. I really want to pursue a career in the military, but over the past year, while my application as slowly been going through the process, I decided that I want to go into 2 particular trades, and not the other one (All of which were on my choices). I have a diploma in Electronic Engineering Technician, and I would really like to keep going on with that trade as I do enjoy it, and like the prospect of being a WENG Tech or Electrical Tech.  Also, would be nice to put my school years to good use.
Hopefully I did not make a big mistake here, but I'm hoping it will pay off in the long run and get an offer in a career path that I really want to pursue.
Thanks for your time

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2016, 15:20:57 »
Asked and answered in Ask a CAF Recruiter. Adding for reference,

Just got a job offer.
so I had a gentleman from the recruiting center call me today with an offer of enrollment for infantry,  now out of my 3 choices I wanted combat engineer/infantry/armored solider, was offered my second choice, now here is the question,
If I still wish to pursue combat engineer over infantry, what is that process, he stated that I would be put back on merit listing and have to wait all over again.

would this be smart on my behalf as its something I truly want, or would it just screw me over as I have a perfectly good job offer for a great position anyways...

The recruiter you spoke with is 100% correct, if you turn down Infantry and wish to wait for Combat Engineer you will be placed back on the Merit List and if you are competitive enough you might receive an offer down the road for Combat Engineer.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 16:03:19 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline htown11

• Rate Post
Pushing Basic Training Ahead
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2016, 22:51:33 »
I am currently merit listed and I am wondering if i do receive a call would I be able to ask them to put the BT ahead? I just got offered a job as assistant coach for a jr a team and would like to be able to have a season doing that before joining. I would like to know what happens if i ask that or if i don't decide to go? can i re apply at a later date?

Thanks A lot!

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Pushing Basic Training Ahead
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2016, 09:44:39 »
I am currently merit listed and I am wondering if i do receive a call would I be able to ask them to put the BT ahead? I just got offered a job as assistant coach for a jr a team and would like to be able to have a season doing that before joining. I would like to know what happens if i ask that or if i don't decide to go? can i re apply at a later date?

Thanks A lot!

You can request a "deferral" of the BMQ date offered but chances are, they will just rescind the offer and put you back on the Merit List, which usually results in another offer within the next 2-4 weeks.

If you have a specific date in mind, that you are available to accept an offer of employment and it is 3 months or more into the future, your best option would be to just close your application and re-open it again when you are ready to accept an offer.  Keep in mind, that you may have to redo the Interview, Medcal and Background Checks.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline Drew Grey

• Rate Post
Cancelling application
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2016, 15:22:30 »
I am thinking of cancelling my application. Other opportunities have come up in life and I am curious to know if after cancelling, would I ever be able to apply again if I decided down the road it was something I'd like to try out for again?

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Cancelling application
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2016, 15:33:22 »
I am curious to know if after cancelling, would I ever be able to apply again if I decided down the road it was something I'd like to try out for again?

From DAA, right above yours.

close your application and re-open it again when you are ready to accept an offer.  Keep in mind, that you may have to redo the Interview, Medcal and Background Checks.

As always,  Recruiting / DAA  is your most trusted source of information.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 16:52:28 by mariomike »

Offline Drew Grey

• Rate Post
Sorry but I need clarification
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 17:21:38 »
I recently posted a thread inquiring about if I would be able to re apply for the army down the road if I cancelled my application now due to other opportunities that have come up in life.

Now I know I am going to get flamed here but whatever...the threads posted for reference didn't contain anything relevant to my situation..it was more about people declining offers and such.

So I'll explain my situation here..I applied in April of this year..did my CFAT in May and haven't heard anything since. So I will ask again here...If I cancel now...can I re apply down the road If I decide I want to pursue it again? Is there any minimum time one must wait before re applying again?

Offline Kat Stevens

beth am dyrnu braf yn y gwddf?

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
Re: Sorry but I need clarification
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2016, 17:25:30 »
Yes.  I believe it's one year.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Drew Grey

• Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2016, 17:26:15 »
Thank You

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2016, 17:38:09 »
I am curious to know if after cancelling, would I ever be able to apply again if I decided down the road it was something I'd like to try out for again?

I recently posted a thread inquiring about if I would be able to re apply for the army down the road if I cancelled my application now due to other opportunities that have come up in life.

If I cancel now...can I re apply down the road If I decide I want to pursue it again?

Yes.

DAA is a Recruiter,

The only time you will need to reapply and possibly have to submit new or more documentation, is if your file has been closed for more than "365-days". As an example and an example ONLY, if your file were to be closed on 23 May 15, you can have your file "re-opened" on request anytime prior to 22 May 16, without having to reapply online.

If your file has been closed less than 365 days, you can ask that it be re-opened at any time.

If your file has been closed more than 365 days, you must re-apply online.

Is there any minimum time one must wait before re applying again?

No. Who told you there is?

The waiting period to re-apply described in the 36-page Getting Back In Mega Thread does not involve you. You have never been in.   

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:28:42 by mariomike »

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2016, 18:45:16 »
In DAA We Trust

Offline Davy

• Rate Post
Re: Declining an offer
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2016, 22:18:35 »
Hi!

I applied as a pilot through SENECA in November 2015.
I went through the whole process fairly well and quickly.
In July 2016, I received an official offer as pilot.... which I declined.
I am currently studying engineering in a civy university and I felt like
I wasn't ready to drop it all to start my new career.

The thing is now I wonder everyday if I should have accepted. Looks like
such an amazing profession. My question is: If I decide to re-apply, will I
have to start the whole process all over again? By process I mean CFAT,
interview, blood testing, eyes testing, medical testing, Aircrew Selection,etc.

What if I apply tomorrow?
What if I apply next year?

Thanks!!!

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2016, 22:28:39 »
Hi!

Thanks!!!

See also,

The "So You Want To Be A Pilot" Merged Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,12744.msg1458247.html#msg1458247

Hi!

Thanks!
Sorry if my post isn't the proper section (so Canadian to say sorry like that... :cdn:)
I browsed the forum and could not find an answear.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2016, 14:01:49 »

If you reapply, you will most likely need to redo the "full" Medical, Interview and Background checks.  I believe that Aircrew Selection (ASC) results are valid for 2 years but your CFRC will be able to confirm this upon re-opening your application.  You won't need to redo the CFAT or TSD.

Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline 44nic4444

• Rate Post
Reapplying
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2017, 02:20:32 »
I am applying to the forces and my application is taking a long time so consequently I am deciding whether or not to go to school in the mean time. Since i know that when you get the job offer you have 10 days to decide whether or not to accept. So I was wondering if 1: Can you delay your entry for a set period of time?
2: If you decline, reapply to the same trait will be quicker application time then the first time?

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Reapplying
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2017, 07:35:51 »
Can you delay your entry for a set period of time?
If you decline, reapply to the same trait will be quicker application time then the first time?

For reference, perhaps,

Reapplying

will be merged with,

Declining an offer (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=104645.0
3 pages.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:38:44 by mariomike »

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:49 »
If you are upgrading and know that you cannot accept a job offer while you are doing the upgrading you should contact your recruiting centre so that your file can be placed on hold while you finish said upgrading. Upgrading can in some cases make your file more competitive. 

If you place your file on hold for longer than a year it will be closed and you'll have to contact your CFRC (not an online application again) to have your file re-opened and you'll need to redo certain aspects of the recruiting process.

Declining an offer, there is ample information on here about declining an offer :-)

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
Delayed training question
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2017, 17:34:33 »
If you're offered a position, accept and swear allegiance but want to delay your basic training for a while to finish something before you go to basic for 13 weeks is that okay or will they say eff it and kick you to the curb?

Gracias

Offline SparkyRunner

• Rate Post
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2017, 04:29:19 »
If one accepts the offer of enrolment for their 3rd choice trade, and is given a date for their enrolment ceremony, it is completely impossible to retract their acceptance prior to the ceremony if they wanted  to do so, so as to close their application and apply for different trades, correct?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2017, 16:49:02 »
Sparky,

You can decline your acceptance up to any point right up to and including your enrollment ceremony (although please don't wait until your enrollment ceremony to change your mind).
Depending on what you're asking to change to you might be moved to the very beginning of the process again though and you're not guaranteed to get selected a 2nd time.

Offline lukewood

• Rate Post
How to cancel an application
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2017, 17:07:14 »
Does anyone know how to cancel an online application? I was told I have to cancel the one I previously submitted before I can reapply.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2017, 15:28:39 »
Does anyone know how to cancel an online application? I was told I have to cancel the one I previously submitted before I can reapply.

You don't technically "cancel" an online application; you inform your CFRC that you're no longer interested and your file is closed.  When you want to reapply you will either (1) contact your CFRC and ask for your file to be re-opened; or (2) Apply online again - depending on the length of time that your file has been closed.

Start with your CFRC and they'll let you know if they can reopen your file or not.