Author Topic: The Military Police [MP] Superthread  (Read 259178 times)

FRSQRN and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline cac1993

• Rate Post
Re: The Military Police [MP] Superthread
« Reply #800 on: October 27, 2016, 19:58:56 »
Anyone who has gone through the MP training in recent years able to shed some light on what the course is like? I mean as it compares to BMQ. Inspections? Weekends taken away? Indoc? After hours?
Basically just wondering what to expect!
Recruiting Center: CFRC Fredericton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: MP
Application Date: December 29th, 2014
First Contact: January 20th, 2015
Aptitude Test: March 5th, 2015
Medical: June 24th, 2015
Interview: June 24th, 2015
MPAC: February 16th, 2016 to February 18th, 2016
Merit Listed: April 21st, 2016
Position Offered: July 6th, 2016
Enrollment/Swear in: August 18th, 2016
Basic Training: August 29th, 2016

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #801 on: October 27, 2016, 22:47:48 »
Anyone who has gone through the MP training in recent years able to shed some light on what the course is like? I mean as it compares to BMQ. Inspections? Weekends taken away? Indoc? After hours?
Basically just wondering what to expect!

It not as rigorous and strict as BMQ, however you will have daily PT and Inspections. Your days will be 0530-1630, however you'll find yourself and your course mates using your downtime to study, practice your skills and training.

You will have weekends off, as long as your leave passes are approved (so don't do anything stupid, work hard, work as a team).

The Commandant is very big on "One Team" mentality. You will be training and in the future working with reservists; in the past there were Academy staff that bad mouthed reservists.... LCol Battista does not tolerate it and you'll find yourself looking for a new career.

He's also big into fitness, you'll definitely be more fit when you leave. Some days are absolute bag drives (The Payne Train, The Murph, 20 Minutes of Mayhem), but most are well done. I was rarely sore or felt like it was too difficult, it was certainly still challenging. There was one Friday where he took us through a morning of yoga to help us destress and recover.

Use your time and your mind wisely, but it is an adult learning environment and you'll be treated as such... As long as you don't give them a reason to treat you like a bunch of kids on BMQ again.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 22:52:25 by LunchMeat »
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline Inspir

• Rate Post
« Reply #802 on: November 01, 2016, 08:06:33 »
Just an aside note, noticed the new recruiting videos for the MP trade reflecting the new academy. Good job.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #803 on: April 24, 2017, 21:49:30 »
Any idea on numbers needed for 2017? Thinking about putting my diploma to use when I re-enter as an option.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #804 on: April 25, 2017, 03:36:15 »
Any idea on numbers needed for 2017? Thinking about putting my diploma to use when I re-enter as an option.

We're always undermanned

If you want in, just do it. They'll find a spot if you're selected.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #805 on: April 25, 2017, 10:31:40 »
We're always undermanned

If you want in, just do it. They'll find a spot if you're selected.

Cheers, contacted the CFRC this am and he said 100 people for this year.

Going to try it out.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline CCM81

• Rate Post
« Reply #806 on: June 18, 2017, 20:13:14 »
Been accepted for my VOT to MP.  Start Aug 8th.  Two English courses and one French.  Seems like they are pumping out a lot of new MPs considering the trade is on the smaller side.

Really looking forward to starting course.

Anyone else on the forum starting Aug 8th?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 20:17:06 by CCM81 »

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #807 on: June 18, 2017, 22:48:50 »
Been accepted for my VOT to MP.  Start Aug 8th.  Two English courses and one French.  Seems like they are pumping out a lot of new MPs considering the trade is on the smaller side.

Really looking forward to starting course.

Anyone else on the forum starting Aug 8th?

How long did it take?

Offline CCM81

• Rate Post
« Reply #808 on: June 19, 2017, 19:10:21 »
Submitted VOT last July. Initial BPSO interview shortly after.  April "new" MPAC. Offer mid May.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #809 on: June 20, 2017, 17:47:20 »
Submitted VOT last July. Initial BPSO interview shortly after.  April "new" MPAC. Offer mid May.

Holy ****, that's pretty good!

Was the BPSO interview something you had to book yourself, or is it done for you through DMCPG?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 18:00:54 by LunchMeat »

Offline CCM81

• Rate Post
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2017, 15:21:04 »
The BPSOs office called me to book the initial.  I did the first interview with the BPSO, as well as a personality test.  CFAT score was valid and was high enough so I choose not to redo.

From there I was told that if merit listed I would be selected for further interviews.  The next interview was done by a Sgt MP.  This is when I submitted drivers abstract, employment history, etc.

Offline Gazoo362

• Rate Post
« Reply #811 on: June 23, 2017, 00:38:25 »
The BPSOs office called me to book the initial.  I did the first interview with the BPSO, as well as a personality test.  CFAT score was valid and was high enough so I choose not to redo.

From there I was told that if merit listed I would be selected for further interviews.  The next interview was done by a Sgt MP.  This is when I submitted drivers abstract, employment history, etc.

How long did the interview with the MP Sgt take? An did they come to you or did you visit them at the guardhouse?

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2017, 09:37:10 »
It will be interesting to find out what the new MPAC is and what they all do.. that's the next step for me to join.

Offline CCM81

• Rate Post
« Reply #813 on: June 24, 2017, 11:16:39 »
How long did the interview with the MP Sgt take? An did they come to you or did you visit them at the guardhouse?

I went to the MP detachment.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #814 on: June 24, 2017, 18:29:31 »
It will be interesting to find out what the new MPAC is and what they all do.. that's the next step for me to join.

It's an interview, from a qualified assessor/investigator.

It can typically be anywhere from 1-3 hours.

They will come to you, or you will go to them depending on your proximity to a base and MP unit.

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2017, 09:05:46 »
It's an interview, from a qualified assessor/investigator.

It can typically be anywhere from 1-3 hours.

They will come to you, or you will go to them depending on your proximity to a base and MP unit.

Ok, thanks for the info! Ill be looking forward to it. Trenton is close by  ;)

Offline Grpyhman78

• Rate Post
« Reply #816 on: August 10, 2017, 08:23:47 »
I just received an email from the recruiting centre with an additional form to fill out titled "Consent to Disclosure of Police Records (CPIC and SAMPIS) for CPAC, MPAC, MPOAC and Disclosure of Current/Previous Employment Information", is that a good sign that I may be receiving a date for my MPAC soon, or is that just another arbitrary form to complete??

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #817 on: August 10, 2017, 08:42:52 »
I just received an email from the recruiting centre with an additional form to fill out titled "Consent to Disclosure of Police Records (CPIC and SAMPIS) for CPAC, MPAC, MPOAC and Disclosure of Current/Previous Employment Information", is that a good sign that I may be receiving a date for my MPAC soon, or is that just another arbitrary form to complete??

Someone correct me if I am wrong. It is my understanding that is the next step after your background check is completed from your recruiting centre, as I have been told from some others in the process. That is also my next step. Also, there is no more MPAC at Borden as a trial this year.

Offline Gazoo362

• Rate Post
« Reply #818 on: August 11, 2017, 21:04:09 »
I just recieved that email as well, I am curious how long it will take to complete the last step.

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #819 on: August 12, 2017, 09:53:21 »
I just recieved that email as well, I am curious how long it will take to complete the last step.

After you submit that then there is an interview with the MP's.