Author Topic: Priority Hiring in Fed Pub Svc (info, news, hints, tips, etc. - merged)  (Read 73520 times)

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Priority Hiring in Fed Pub Svc (info, news, hints, tips, etc. - merged)
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:27 »
Complaining to MVAC? You'd have better luck with a piece of drywall listening to your concerns.

Offline Sprinting Thistle

• Rate Post
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2017, 10:54:15 »
Recently applied to a position with a department.  The job posting clearly stated "All eligible veterans and CAF personnel may apply".  After completing the on-line application process I received an email stating that I had been de-selected because I did not indicate yes to all of the screening questions.  The questions that I had said no to were questions about whether I had experience working in said department.  I find that a bit dis-ingenuous and mis-leading to say that veterans and CAF personnel can apply, however if you have no experience working in the Department you are applying for, then you don't even get your application in the door for consideration, no matter how qualified you are for the job.  My perception now is that they tag the job posting with "All eligible veterans and CAF personnel may apply" just so that they can say, yes we consider veterans and CAF personnel. 

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2017, 10:59:48 »
Recently applied to a position with a department.  The job posting clearly stated "All eligible veterans and CAF personnel may apply".  After completing the on-line application process I received an email stating that I had been de-selected because I did not indicate yes to all of the screening questions.  The questions that I had said no to were questions about whether I had experience working in said department.  I find that a bit dis-ingenuous and mis-leading to say that veterans and CAF personnel can apply, however if you have no experience working in the Department you are applying for, then you don't even get your application in the door for consideration, no matter how qualified you are for the job.  My perception now is that they tag the job posting with "All eligible veterans and CAF personnel may apply" just so that they can say, yes we consider veterans and CAF personnel.

I can believe that as being a credible and accurate analysis of their practices.  Technically, in their books, they were following the intent by advertising, but in reality, not following the intent in their screening process.  Door is only open to apply, but not to enter.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2017, 13:00:53 »
Anyone screened out is (or should be) provided the contact information of the person running the process, and they can have the application reviewed.  If it doesn't say "You must have experience working with this department" in the essential qualifications of the poster, then they cannot use that question in the screening process.

Offline Jed

• Rate Post
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2017, 14:24:52 »
Anyone screened out is (or should be) provided the contact information of the person running the process, and they can have the application reviewed.  If it doesn't say "You must have experience working with this department" in the essential qualifications of the poster, then they cannot use that question in the screening process.

Ah. So naive of you.
As the old man used to say: " I used to be a coyote, but I'm alright nooooOOOOWWW!"

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2017, 15:24:57 »
Ah. So naive of you.

It worked for me.  YMMV.

Offline Jed

• Rate Post
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2017, 15:35:02 »
It worked for me.  YMMV.
[:) Thumbs up.
As the old man used to say: " I used to be a coyote, but I'm alright nooooOOOOWWW!"

Offline NavalMoose

• Rate Post
  • "Life in a blue suit"
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2017, 15:40:28 »
I am currently in 2 pools after interviews and tests, so fingers crossed.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2017, 15:42:24 »
I am currently in 2 pools after interviews and tests, so fingers crossed.

Occam's advice may be well worth bookmarking.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.