Author Topic: All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)  (Read 52284 times)

Offline Mickey

• Fusilier
  • Rate Post
  • Defence not Defiance
All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)
« on: March 05, 2005, 10:04:00 »
I just recently got a 20 page bundle of printed stuff on how to fill out an ILP form but am stuck on two things:

1. What forms do I need to complete the Individual Learning Plan (proof of payment of tuition, program outline, e.t.c....?)
2. Does the ILP get filled out on the CF website and then printed or is there an actual form you can request from your Coy OR?

The bundle I was given looks like it was just printed from the CF website so I'm guessing you do it there...any other ideas? ???
Swoff - "I ran through in-coming for a dead f#@king battery?!?!?"
Troy -   "Welcome to the suck!"

-Jarhead (2005)

Offline Hatchet Man

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: ILP forms...how to fill one out?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 15:15:05 »
I filled it out on the website then printed it

Offline Hoplite

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 07:45:01 »
Nato,

When I sent my original ILP in, I had a form that was given to me by the Ed O.  However, I have to make an amendment so I used the form at the CDA website and it looks pretty slick when it is all done.  It is the same information anyways, just looks so much neater!

The documentation I sent in originally was the form itself, substantiation memo and a copy of my MPRR.  Seeing as the substantiation is part of the online form, the only thing you have to include is your MPRR.

The other information is required when you fill out the claim to get reimbursement. 

Cheers

Offline Mickey

• Fusilier
  • Rate Post
  • Defence not Defiance
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 08:07:30 »
Cool, thanks for the help guys. ;)
Swoff - "I ran through in-coming for a dead f#@king battery?!?!?"
Troy -   "Welcome to the suck!"

-Jarhead (2005)

Offline ark

• Rate Post
  • \
Individual Learning Plan form link ?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 22:38:50 »
Anyone has the link to the "Individual Learning Plan" site where we can fill in the form for school reimbursement ?

[edit] Ok I found it http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/er/engraph/ILP/ilp_form/ilp.asp

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 22:43:23 by ark »

Offline sgtclerk

• Rate Post
Re: Individual Learning Plan form link ?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 21:27:39 »
I've attached a link with information on it about the ILP with a direct link to the ILP.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/11_04/11_04_er_e.asp

If you have questions you should feel free to contact your base education officer or the education councellor.  On bigger bases in the CF there should also be a BPSO who can assist in guiding you through the process.

Good Luck

Offline a_himself

• Rate Post
Question about Reserve Tuition Reimbursement Money
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 01:18:48 »
Hi there, I just had a quick question.

I am a reservist and I'm going to university right now, I've received three tuition reimbursements of $2000 so far and I'm planning to put in for my last right away, but I had one concern.

On one of the forms we sign when receiving this money, it has this passage which we must acknowledge:

"2.   Member statement:  Attached is a copy of the approved ILP with required receipts, proof of successful course completion and a CF 52 General Allowance Claim to apply for reimbursement under the Education Reimbursement program for Primary Reserves.  Expenses submitted were mandatory for the course(s) identified.  I intend to remain employed by the CF for at least one year following the completion of the course(s) claimed."

Basically, once this year of school is done, I'm planning to go and work out of the country for something I have lined up.  It's been a good run but I'm planning at this point to bow out and end my career as an army reservist.

So what I'm wondering is, for anyone who might know, given that I'm planning to quit within the next year, if I were to put in for this last tuition reimbursement and I receive the money and then turn in my kit and quit prior to "one year following the completion of the courses claimed" - Will the army make me give the money back?  I just want to know whether or not I should put in for this.

Thanks a lot.

Offline beach_bum

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Question about Reserve Tuition Reimbursement Money
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 01:23:31 »
So, you are going to sign a form stating that you plan on staying in...when you have no intention of doing so.  Are you seriously asking if you should do that?
Eddie would go!

Offline Zell_Dietrich

• Rate Post
  • I’ve earned every scar I have by surviving.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 01:37:32 »
  I intend to remain employed by the CF for at least one year following the completion of the course(s) claimed."

I think you already know the anwser to this.  If you don't "intend" then don't take the money.  At the very least give the chain of command a heads up.  (or at the very least be prepaired to give back the money)
“Men regard it as their right to return evil for evil and, if they cannot, feel they have lost their liberty” -  Aristotle

(If you feel forced to return evil with evil,  how much liberty do you have?)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 07:09:02 »
On one of the forms we sign when receiving this money, it has this passage which we must acknowledge:

"2.   Member statement:  Attached is a copy of the approved ILP with required receipts, proof of successful course completion and a CF 52 General Allowance Claim to apply for reimbursement under the Education Reimbursement program for Primary Reserves.  Expenses submitted were mandatory for the course(s) identified.  I intend to remain employed by the CF for at least one year following the completion of the course(s) claimed."

You are signing a Legal Contract.  If you intend on breaking it, you will have to pay the consequences, which will probably include the return of the money you falsely claimed.  If you were signing this with a Civilian Company, you would be sued on breaking that contract, for the return of those monies, so why would you think this would be any different?  Surely you, as a University student, must be able to fathom this?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline 54/102 CEF

• Rate Post
    • 54th Cdn Inf Bn CEF 1915-1919
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:14 »
Hey - circumstances change - just like in reg and res.
You can visit me when I retire to the Island of Sayonara - but if the tide goes out - you go too - OK?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:00:53 »
Hey - circumstances change - just like in reg and res.

Yes.  That is very true.  It doesn't mean that one shouldn't be prepared to pay back in full what they received, perhaps under false pretences (as this person has already admitted to).  Otherwise, it may be considered a Criminal Offence.  No employer is going to pay you for services not rendered, without recouping their money. 
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 09:21:42 »
Hi there, I just had a quick question.
Yes.  You must remain in the reserves for 1 year after your course ends (you can also transfer to another component of the CF & still get the money).  If you remain in but do not parade, you still disqualify yourself for the money.

Offline toughenough

• Rate Post
    • Argylls.ca
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 09:52:36 »
Wouldn't you feel guilty doing this? This isn't a student loan.

Please don't milk the system, their is already not enough to go around.

Offline a_himself

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 18:35:30 »
Wow, God sorry for asking!

I'm just wondering, because as we all know there are a million different little apparant rules and regulations within the big beauracracy of the Army that are sometimes enforced and othertimes skipped over without any seeming sense of regularity.

I had never heard of this prior to reading this form, and I was curious as to just whether or not this is a strict, always enforced provision.  That's my main concern with this, they've given us a hundred different little lectures on the ILP program, brochures and stuff, and before reading this portion of the contract, I'd never heard ANYTHING about having to remain in the reserves for 1 year following the courses completion.

I'd be prepared to pay it back obviously.  You guys all act like I'm planning some huge scam and I'm going to become a fugitive with my big $2000 payday and live a life of luxury on some tropical island somewhere until my days are up lol.

Feel guilty about checking out a potential route to cut into my 30 000 dollars of student debt?  Sorry, no.  I'm not planning to go and take a pistol into the pay clerks office and force her to deposit the money into my account, I'm not looking to break the law, but if I knew I could get around a rule like this, why not?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 18:46:51 by a_himself »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 18:55:15 »
........  You guys all act like I'm planning some huge scam and I'm going to become a fugitive with my big $2000 payday and live a life of luxury on some tropical island somewhere until my days are up lol.

Feel guilty about checking out a potential route to cut into my 30 000 dollars of student debt?  Sorry, no.  I'm not planning to go and take a pistol into the pay clerks office and force her to deposit the money into my account, I'm not looking to break the law, but if I knew I could get around a rule like this, why not?

And you want us to think you have ethics after posting that?  Stop posting now.  You are only digging a deeper hole.

Offline a_himself

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 19:10:45 »
It has nothing to do with ethics.  Signing the pay sheet for your buddy when he's not there is unethical - Checking to see if one particular rule in the sea of rules that may or may not be enforced is or isn't is not unethical given the circumstances.

It's unfair for you to antagonize me for something like this.  Unethical would be to attempt to violate some sort of policy and escape the consequences.  If I accepted this reimbursement money and were forced to pay it back after I have breached a provision of the contract, I'd accept the consequences obviously pay the money back.  You guys are throwing this buzzword out but not using it correctly.  It's beyond hypocritical.  If we are using the term as such, one could list a dozen different practices which are commonly practiced and accepted within the CF which are terribly unethical.  A simply variation from a written provision does not instantly define that act as "unethical".  Come on you guys should know this.

I'll give up if that's what you want, I believe it is, but you guys are really looking at this in a very black and white manner - ignoring the circumstances and variables that would counter your position, and acting as though you have a solid argument against this kind of things, even though you're probably being highly hypocritical.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 19:15:16 by a_himself »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 19:18:55 »
Stop!  Just Stop right now.  The highlighted part of your post, the part you are now trying to deny saying, but which you did make (the statement is now a matter of record), is where the question of ethics enters the picture.  All the back-peddling you want to do now, only contributes more to the folly.  Just let this topic die.  Don't dig any more.

Offline a_himself

• Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 19:35:58 »
The only folly here is everyone here deluding themselves acting like I'm some scumbag trying to destroy the foundations of the military while you guys are all Saints who have no concern for yourselves whatsoever and are better than those who use common sense in dealing with the situations we face rather than simply using black and white rules (which in so many cases for us can hardly be called that due to the lack of consistency) to determine your conduct in a colourful institution and world.  It's easy to hop up on a pedastal and act this way on the internet though.  This is a fantasy world on here it seems.  I'll take reality.

I apologize for trying to fact check on here, I won't bother you guys again.  I'll just ask at the unit where I'll get an honest answer rather than ten different people looking to put someone down and pump up their self-righteousness a little further.  It's funny because I bet you guys a million dollars, I could have asked this very same question to a MWO at the regimental headquarters and they might say "Oh no you wouldn't be able to get away with that" but I wouldn't get crap on and basically called a thief as here. 

Again, so sorry for upsetting everyone.

C'est tout. 

Proud to work alongside you guys.

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 19:39:51 »
Unethical would be to attempt to violate some sort of policy and escape the consequences. 
Do you mean like making off with $1,000 despite a policy that says you have not earned that $1,000?
rules and regulations within the big beauracracy of the Army that are sometimes enforced and othertimes skipped over without any seeming sense of regularity.

... if I knew I could get around a rule like this, why not?

Offline Breacher41

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Per Pietas et Virtus
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 19:50:17 »
huh...I doubt you wouldn't be crapped on at your unit. As you can pretty much see that there are many of us who take a dim view on your attitude towards the reimbursement program. I hope you do not plan for a government position later on as a career...i.e. law enforcement. They take even dimmer views on such topics as circumventing rules and procedures for ones own monetary gain.

its sad for me to say this...but you put reservists in a bad light. The reimbursement program was created to both attract, and reward members for their dedication to the service.... there's nothing more I can say. I'm sick.
هناك [هس تو] كنت يستعصي طريق

Offline geo

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 20:14:00 »
only one thing I can say............ "don't do it"
Chimo!

Offline CorporalMajor

• Rate Post
Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 21:39:12 »
Can someone direct me to the website where I can find this form and apply? I have looked for it all over and no luck...

Thanks in advance.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process He does not become a monster.
And when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Offline Simian Turner

is a humbled, curious veteran!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Do the right thing; do the thing right!
The grand essentials of happiness: something to do, something to love, something to hope for.  Allan K. Chalmers

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
  • Ahoy, the chocalate chip kind.
Re: Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 08:06:15 »
Someone's gotta work on their pub searches ... ;)

Offline CorporalMajor

• Rate Post
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 13:40:54 »
?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process He does not become a monster.

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 16:00:10 »
Any clerk should be more then apt to find a thing such as an ILP through the DIN.

Offline CorporalMajor

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 00:52:40 »
True but I'm not trades Q'd.

I tried searching with google, on DND, army.gc.ca ...... both on their engines and that of google..Found nothing.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME Instr
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 16:10:36 »
True but I'm not trades Q'd.

I tried searching with google, on DND, army.gc.ca ...... both on their engines and that of google..Found nothing.

DIN not available outside of a DND computer.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline bdb

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 13:13:13 »
While trying to figure out this ILP stuff I found this in the instructions here http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/csss/pdev/reimburse_e.asp
•   Copy of Member’s Personnel Records Resume (MPRR)
•   For released members, copy of release message
•   Non-taxable claims will be paid by ...

So if you have to be in for one year after the claim ( which I had never even seen before reading this thread, which is bs and should be stated with the ILP) and the deadline to claim is something like 1 year after the course then what is a released member doing trying to get the bursary? I was under the belief that released members can't get the bursary whatsoever..

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 17:37:54 »
While trying to figure out this ILP stuff I found this in the instructions here http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/csss/pdev/reimburse_e.asp

So if you have to be in for one year after the claim ( which I had never even seen before reading this thread, which is bs and should be stated with the ILP) and the deadline to claim is something like 1 year after the course then what is a released member doing trying to get the bursary? I was under the belief that released members can't get the bursary whatsoever..

Perhaps claiming retroactively for education you completed while still in?
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline 284_226

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 20:00:28 »

The same form is used for the ER (Education Reimbursement) and SCP (Skills Completion Program).  SCP members would provide a copy of their release message, as the SCP deals with training taken in preparation for release (or taken post-release).

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 13:35:39 »
I say do it as based on your posts is the only you will get to realize what the meaning of ethics truly are.

Offline Scoobs

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 22:58:45 »
Whether the original poster thinks that it would be unethical or not does not matter.  If your hair sticks up on the back of your neck and a question of whether something is ethical or not should answer the question.  If you are debating if it is ethical or not, that tells you what to do.

Perhaps someone can help me, when did this reserve tuition reimbursement come into force?  I'm asking because I was in the reserves in the mid-90s and going to university at the time.  I'm now in the regs (got out of reserves, graduated, and worked for a couple of years in civy land, then rejoined as reg force) and have approx 13 years to go for twenty years.  Therefore, I have lots of time left and of course, this is my career.  Would I be able to claim any tuition reimbursement?  Of note, I still owe approx $8500 towards my student loans (started out with $50,000).

Thanks....
Variety is the spice of life...

Offline 284_226

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 23:12:37 »
Perhaps someone can help me, when did this reserve tuition reimbursement come into force?  I'm asking because I was in the reserves in the mid-90s and going to university at the time.  I'm now in the regs (got out of reserves, graduated, and worked for a couple of years in civy land, then rejoined as reg force) and have approx 13 years to go for twenty years.  Therefore, I have lots of time left and of course, this is my career.  Would I be able to claim any tuition reimbursement?  Of note, I still owe approx $8500 towards my student loans (started out with $50,000).

I think you're out of luck.  According to http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/about/policies/canforgen/135-04_e.asp, education reimbursement for the reserves didn't begin until 2000.

As someone that's taken quite a few courses under the Reg Force ER, I can tell you that one of the basic premises of the programs is that you have to have the ILP approved before taking any of the courses.  There was never any retroactivity to the reimbursement programs that I'm aware of.

On the upside, you can take a whole bunch of stuff now under the Reg Force ER, and have them reimburse 100% as opposed to the 50% under the reserve program.   :)  Full details of all the ER programs are at:

http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/er/reimbursement_e.asp

Offline Not_So_Arty_Newbie

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 23:56:40 »
Or hey... try the PSO's office, they're the guys that approve em

Offline garb811

• Done like Dinner
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 00:40:07 »

Offline tuyop

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 15:43:53 »
Sorry for the thread necromancy here, but on the last line of the ILP says, "Reimbursement for this program would be:" and the options are ER-Reg, SCP, Adv Degree, and Initial Degree. What do all of these mean?

I'm just looking for reimbursement for my tuition, I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts degree. Does this mean I should pick Initial Degree?

Offline exgunnertdo

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 16:01:16 »
Depends on what you are - Reg/Res, NCM/Offr

Initial Degree is for Reg F Officers - and it's a specific program you apply for, different budgets, etc.  You are probably ER (Education Reimbursement).  Read the web site or check with the PDev people.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/er/finance_e.asp - CDA Website.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . ."
"God fights on the side with the best artillery"
- Napoleon

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 17:03:11 »
Radcliffe: From your profile I'll assume you're a Reserve officer - so go to the link at http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/er/programmes/pres_e.asp for the details.

This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Amsdel

• Rate Post
Education paperwork
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 17:49:37 »
Does anyone here know how to go about submitting your education reimbursement yourself?  (without using the OR)  From what I understand, when the ILP goes through (which it had) and the appropriate ID numbers are provided, the transcript, payment record, and receipts are off to Kingston to be validated.  This is the stage where my local OR failed, to make a long story short.  The individual charged with processing financial claims is nowhere to be found and I am currently trying to retrieve my documents (which is also nowhere to be found) so I may finish the process myself as time is an issue.  I have heard of some people running themselves through the process and was hoping that one would happen to read this thread.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  (Yes, I am still going through the proper channels, but as time is a huge issue and I am having no luck, I would like the alternative of relying on myself.)
"The Internet is an élite organization; most of the population of the world has never even made a phone call." - Noam Chomsky

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Irrigation Ministry
Re: Education paperwork
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 23:23:44 »
Try the BPSO?

Offline Gunner

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Artillery Forum Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 23:32:26 »
Your BPSO office will have a education reimbursement clerk but they will probably refer you back to your OR as they are you POC.
Had a wonderful ~26 years in the military and still miss it.

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 07:37:09 »
Actually, in the vast majority of locations PSO's process these claims from start to finish, no involvement from the OR's whatsoever. If the documentation was submitted to the OR 2 things may have occured: 1- the clerk was unsure abourt the processing and is attemtping to figure it out, 2- it was forwarded to the PSO for processing.

PSO's retain full control of these claims to ensure they qualify under the apporved ILP, and to ascert the applicability of the training taken are relevant to the ILP.

Offline Gunner

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Artillery Forum Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 14:02:54 »
Actually, in the vast majority of locations PSO's process these claims from start to finish, no involvement from the OR's whatsoever. If the documentation was submitted to the OR 2 things may have occured: 1- the clerk was unsure abourt the processing and is attemtping to figure it out, 2- it was forwarded to the PSO for processing.

PSO's retain full control of these claims to ensure they qualify under the apporved ILP, and to ascert the applicability of the training taken are relevant to the ILP.

I realize that Edmonton is not the vast majority of locations but that is the preferred course of action as relayed to me by the PSO Clk (I had submitted 4-5 previous education claims directly with the office).
Had a wonderful ~26 years in the military and still miss it.

Offline Spartan

• Prairie Type
  • Rate Post
  • They're watching.
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 18:28:41 »
Old topic - new question -
How does the Reserve Reimbursement program effect taxes? After reading through the tax guide - it states that I can only claim my eligible tuition fees "If the fees were paid or reinbursed by your employer, ... you can claim them only if the payment or reimbursement was included in your or your parent's income. " (2007 tax guide)  It then says under Education Amt: "Generally, you cannot claim this amount for a program for which you received a benefit, grant, an allowance or reimbursement of your tuition fees. However, you can claim this amt if you received salaray or wages from a job that is related to your program of study ..." (2007 Tax guide)
So my question is - how does the CF view this reimbursement - is it to be included on my T4 or is it simply other income? Does it allow me to claim my tuition or ?
BMQ MCpl:
"Being in the army is like being a mushroom - kept in the dark, fed crap and keep coming back for more."

Offline lornscotpter

• Rate Post
Help with Initial ILP (education reimbursment)
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 22:58:04 »
I've just completed BMQ and am currently going through SQ in my high school Coop program as a reserve infantry soldier. I am now aware that i am eligible for education reimbursement 50% to max $2000 total $8000, but the document is very confusing to me. Iv'e filled it out to the best of my ability but not sure on some points.

-what is MOC and where would i find out mine?
-what is UIC and where would i find out mine?
-what is the enrollment date; the day i swore in?
-where would i get a CF 1007?

I tried to submit it online on my home computer but it says i need to use a DIN computer... where would i go to use this (I am in the Lorne Scots brampton area). Is there someone to talk to at the armoury that can help me with this?
Iv'e searched and have not found much help, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thx!

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Help with Initial ILP (education reimbursment)
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2009, 23:16:18 »
The reimbursement program is for post-secondary studies - college or university.

Your MOC is what is now called your MOSID - the code that identifies your military occupation.

Your UIC is your unit identification code - it's a four digit number that's unique to your unit.

Your enrollment date should be the day you were sworn in.

Your orderly room should be able to assist, and provide you with a copy of your 1007.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Spectrum

• I'm from the government; I'm here to help you
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2009, 23:25:29 »
Ref DIN access, you need an account to access it, but you can do it from your unit. See if one of your staff/Sect Comd can help you out in that area...

Offline lornscotpter

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2009, 23:36:20 »
Thank you very much guys, ill find out where the orderly room is as well as ask my section commander for assistance.

Offline Tavor

• Rate Post
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 19:06:49 »
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew approximately how long it took to receive the education reimbursement.  I am currently in graduate school and will need to take time off to complete by BMOQ and subsequent courses.  The money would go a long way to taking the financial pressure off.  Any and all advice is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

T.

Offline CBH99

• Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2009, 20:04:46 »
It took me about a month & a half to get my cheque, but it may be different depending on your specific situation.

I filled out my ILP with the help of my orderly room staff.  Once it was all filled out, it was submitted online to the case manager - who in turn approved it.  The cheque was then issued - entire time took about a month and a half.
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Irrigation Ministry
reimbursement for similar courses on second ILP
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 09:04:37 »

Wanted to see if anyone else have been in a similar situation. I completed my first ILP and obtained a Business diploma from a local University. I had a second ILP approved for Security Management certificate from University of Calgary and some of the core courses requirements for that certificate contain business courses. After trying to get reimbursement for advance credits I received in the business courses due to me having the diploma I've been told that there won't be any reimbursement of advance credit fees or even of any business related courses due to me having a business diploma.

So my question is, has anyone obtained reimbursement for courses related to their first ILP ?

Offline torunisfun

• Rate Post
ILP
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 01:51:44 »
Last year I completed an ILP, submitted it, and received my $2000 a few months later.

Now this year is finished, do I need to re-do the eILP? I still have the approval email sent to me...Or do I just give my transcripts and stuff to the unit clerk?

Thanks

Offline dangles

• Rate Post
ILP Education Reimbursement - Civilian Pilot's Licenses?
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 14:41:19 »
Hi there,

I am an Infanteer in the PRes who is going through SQ or BMQ-L at the moment. I know that I can get my University education reimbursed in my final year [I am in my third year now].

However, I want to do flight training towards gaining my Private Pilot's License, or Commercial Pilot's License. I was wondering if that would be reimbursed, considering that the flight school I will be attending is registered under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005?

I realize I would have to fill out an ILP stating why it would be beneficial for myself as an Infanteer to do this training, however I believe with the right words I could make it pass. Yet, is this something one can even get reimbursed?

Thanks for the help, sorry if it is in the wrong forum.
“The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.” - Epicurus

Offline MJP

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: ILP Education Reimbursement - Civilian Pilot's Licenses?
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 15:04:40 »
You are usually restricted by the fact that it has to be for a degree or diploma but throw it in and hope for the best.

210.801 - EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT - PRIMARY RESERVE

210.801(1) (Purpose) This instruction sets out the policy for the reimbursement of education expenses for eligible members to obtain a degree or diploma at a university, college or other education institution.

Hope is not a valid COA

Offline dangles

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 15:15:12 »
You are usually restricted by the fact that it has to be for a degree or diploma but throw it in and hope for the best.

210.801 - EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT - PRIMARY RESERVE

210.801(1) (Purpose) This instruction sets out the policy for the reimbursement of education expenses for eligible members to obtain a degree or diploma at a university, college or other education institution.

Thank you for the help...I guess I can still try!
“The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.” - Epicurus

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 17:45:22 »
Most probably not. What benefit to the CF would be gained by you getting a PPL/CPL?  You would never be employed in your trade where pilot skills would be required.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline exgunnertdo

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 17:49:39 »
I worked in the same section as the ILP people last year, shared an office with one of the staff officers who sees ILP applications.

I can't comment specifically about PPL, but they were dealing with another situation (and I forget the details) where an application was denied because it didn't lead to a degree or diploma.  The member's case was very good, but the policy was clear the the program of study has to lead to a degree or diploma.  That critical piece of the CBI wasn't up for interpretation.

Like you said, though, nothing lost in trying.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . ."
"God fights on the side with the best artillery"
- Napoleon

Offline GeoJen

• Rate Post
All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 01:12:10 »
I am interested in ILP and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me more about it?
Is there obligatory service with it? And can I do it while still on my initial contract?
Thanks  :)

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: ILP
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:16 »
You've got it backwards.  You want information on the Regular Force Education Reimbursement Program (Reg F ER).

You submit an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) to seek approval for reimbursement of courses that you will take in the future under Reg F ER.

Be aware that funding is up in the air for next fiscal year - see http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=109469.0.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:48:11 by Occam »

Offline UnwiseCritic

• Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2013, 17:25:41 »
I am hoping to make the leap to officer at some point in my career. But I am not eager to attend school for four years straight. As I could be working and gaining qualifications in that time. And most schools allow at least 2 years to be transferred over into a undergrad program. So an ILP could work out quite well. As I'm thinking of going to the dark side in 6-8 years. However I think I would like to attend a university for a semester to kickstart my schooling. And I think having that semester and face time with professors would make me a more effective distance learner. And now to near future would be a good time to do it as I don't have much rank so my absence for 4 months won't be as damaging as it would be if I held a higher position in the platoon. Plus we're a peacetime army now, so there is not a huge strain for bodies. Even if I choose not to go officer I think having even some education would help once I become an nco. It will at least help me articulate myself better and probably help with the paperwork. And I do believe once warrants promotion is in sight that some schooling can help. Should I go that far up the ranks.

If its not possible, it's not possible. I have the form from the pso filled out and ready to go up the chain of command. I just want to come in with a clearer idea of what I want/able to do. If it is possible I am willing to pay and or sign more years of my life away.
"He who hates correction is stupid!"

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Let me check my Giveashitometer. Nope, nothing.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators - AES OP
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 17:49:10 »
I read your post but wasn't really able to pick out a question ???
The only time you have too much gas is when you're on fire.

Offline CombatMacgyver

• Rate Post
  • Escaped from Valcatraz
ILP link
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 15:30:44 »
Does anyone have an updated link for the ILP?  All the links I have now just 404 (internet links, haven't hit the DIN yet).

Thanks.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/DLM/engraph/services/er/ilp/ilp_e.asp  (this doesn't work anymore)

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: ILP link
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 15:44:28 »
Does anyone have an updated link for the ILP?  All the links I have now just 404 (internet links, haven't hit the DIN yet).

Thanks.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/DLM/engraph/services/er/ilp/ilp_e.asp  (this doesn't work anymore)

You may have better luck there.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 15:54:12 by mariomike »

Offline CombatMacgyver

• Rate Post
  • Escaped from Valcatraz
Re: ILP link
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:18 »
Seems as though there isn't an internet link at all anymore.  I could've sworn there was, whatever.

http://img-dcb-ioutpro.forces.mil.ca:88/ILP/engraph/login_e.asp?act=out

Is the current DIN link if anyone else needs it in the future.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
ILP reinbursment and grants for members
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2017, 17:52:52 »
Few questions about schooling (POC email on DWAN is inactive and all the old links I had were lost in a server update)

1. Is the reimbursement for NCMs taking the NCM-PD still at 50% upon completion of the program or has it been raised back up to 100%? [ I had thought it switched to 50% but a clerk I spoke with was sure it was 100%]

2. If a member wants to take a 2 year (part time and/or online)diploma, say a general arts and science, is there a program that will offer a reimbursement like the NCM-PDs Defense and Security program?

3. Is there any funds or grants in the system that will allow young (or poor, essentially) NCMs to be lent or gifted money in order for them to take post secondary education?

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
Re: ILP reinbursment and grants for members
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2017, 18:21:40 »
If you want to do something other than the ncm pd, go for it.
The ILP process is the same and still at 100% as far as I know

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell