Author Topic: Reserve Officer Vs NCM Infantry  (Read 887 times)

Offline dantaeos

• Rate Post
Reserve Officer Vs NCM Infantry
« on: April 23, 2017, 15:57:54 »
Hello,

I've completed the requirements in order to join the Reserves Infantry but am currently debating between joining as an NCM or an Officer (I already have a degree). While I am more inclined to join as on officer for the leadership training, I also know it takes two summers of modules to fully complete the BMOQ.

My question is therefore, what happens after the first summer of BMOQ, do you graduate even though you have not completed the full course? What are your responsibilities for that in between year, as you are not yet a full officer?

Thanks,

Andrew

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Reserve Officer Vs NCM Infantry
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 16:08:08 »
what happens after the first summer of BMOQ, do you graduate even though you have not completed the full course? What are your responsibilities for that in between year, as you are not yet a full officer?

You may, or may not, find these discussions helpful,

PRes Infantry BMOQ
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+officer+ncm&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=tAf9WN6rNISN8Qfz-bqwBA&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+reserve+infantry+BMOQ&spf=1

As always,  Recruiting / your unit is your most trusted source of information.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 21:43:29 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline dantaeos

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 22:37:30 »
Hey Mariomike,

Those links were useful in terms of how the training is like but they didn't go over the duties in that inbetween period where you are technically not an "Officer" yet. For example what if I am unable to take time off my work in the next year to complete the training?

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 22:47:42 »
For example what if I am unable to take time off my work in the next year to complete the training?

Might be a good question to ask your unit recruiter  before   you join?  :)
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 08:59:32 »
A lot will vary with the unit. As mariomike suggested, you need to discuss this with the unit recruiter. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an interview with one of the more senior Officers as part of the recruiting process for a prospective officer.