Author Topic: Previous dui  (Read 388 times)

Offline BCstangWA

• Rate Post
Previous dui
« on: April 14, 2017, 23:38:52 »
Hey I was just wondering, I completely forgot this happened, but last year I had a dui, I didn't have to go to court but ICBC suspended my license for 3 months. I was wondering if anyone had a problem with this,  I read In another section that a few guys did not it just slowed the process a bit and they were offered jobs. Also In September last year I think I had a small bag of weed with me from the dispensary like 2 grams and happened to be driving down a bad street. A cop pulled me over first thought I was a drug dealer, then I told him I was not, then he found d the weed and suspected I was high when I wasn't I was actually just taking it home and said I was high and wrote that In the report. Would this affect my chances of me getting in, (have a note from doctor for insomnia ) but what about the DUI? Thanks  :cdn: also after the CFAT they made me fill out a sheet with drug use and alcohol. I said that I used marijuana In the past and alcohol and the career advisor said not to worry just no more from hence on because there is a no tolerance for it was kind of relieved by that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 23:42:36 by BCstangWA »

Offline BCstangWA

• Rate Post
Re: Previous dui
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:21:57 »
I searched DUI in "search" and read every thread on comment on a DUI, everyones saying they were accepted with a DUI thank god and godbless, even for the ones that got arrested for it in which I did not, but most are saying they had to wait extra time, some said they did not have to wait it just depends I guess.

Thanks

Offline Windaroso

• Rate Post
Re: Previous dui
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 15:42:48 »
Don't worry about those 2 things. All they'll do is delay your application a few more months. A friend of mine applied the same time as I did. He was accepted in 6 months. I was accepted just under 1 year because I had a criminal background and tattoo problems. As well I was truthful on my application and said when I was younger, I did some pretty heavy drugs.

If I got in with all of that, you'll be fine! But yea, don't do any kind of drug anymore, it's zero tolerance, and plus, drugs are bad.

Good luck and Cheers