Author Topic: Ever Increasing Wait time  (Read 7692 times)

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Ever Increasing Wait time
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 09:13:50 »
Well said. The most recent I jury that I am claiming is 4 years old. I have definitely added to the case load but only because I was under the mistaken idea that I should do everything humanly possible to fix myself before I admit defeat and make a claim.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

That's another valid reason why we don't apply right away. Personally, I got fed up with doctors telling me to apply. Then we read comments such as those above... The VAC system IS broken and to repair it would require a major overhaul. People like Words-Twice's friends obviously need to be replaced with people who actually understand what it is to be military.
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.

Online Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 10:20:31 »
Minister Hehr also announced today that the Veterans Affairs Canada's Service Delivery Review, a detailed assessment of service delivery channels, is now complete. The recommendations developed will establish a new vision for an ideal service model focused on the Veteran.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/reports/sdr-delivering-service-excellence

Delivering on Service Excellence

I like the part:
At Veterans Affairs Canada we strive for service excellence based on the “One Veteran, one standard” approach, with a goal to ensure all Veterans are afforded the same positive and respectful service experience.

If you are in the P Res you have a big "RESERVE" stamped right across the front of your file in block letters. This leads me to believe, and I have experienced it, that as you were part time, prove it, prove it to VAC that it is a service related injury. One example: I had a 20 foot fall on flat on my back which required hospitalization in a then VAC hospital. A Summary Investigation clearly proved the accident. On appeal I was asked if I had ever fallen on my back before (well who hasn't in 35 years). No, always office job in civy career, but yes as a kid had fallen. Ended up with 2/5ths of 10 %.

Now have constant pain and arthritis......
+400
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Editor, The Devils' Blast, the Annual Chronicle of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles

http://www.royalwinnipegrifles.com/regimental-association/the-devils-blast/

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:37 »
Minister Hehr also announced today that the Veterans Affairs Canada's Service Delivery Review, a detailed assessment of service delivery channels, is now complete. The recommendations developed will establish a new vision for an ideal service model focused on the Veteran ...
Good catch - note the "burying the lead" in the info-machine statement ...
Canada's women and men in uniform have served our country with bravery, honour and dignity—putting their lives at risk to protect the values we cherish most. Our Veterans deserve our greatest recognition and respect for their service.

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, met with Canadian Forces Members and their families at the Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) in Edmonton today to provide details on Budget 2017 initiatives to assist Canada's Veterans and their families.

Budget 2017 builds on the foundation that was established in Budget 2016 and will recognize the important role of caregivers, help more families, support mental health and provide for the education and training Veterans need to find the work they want in their post-military lives.

Budget 2017 would expand access to the Veteran Family Program across all 32 MFRCs in Canada. A pilot project previously allowed access for medically released Veterans and their families to seven MFRCs across the country, and to the telephone-based Family Information Line and the www.CAFconnection.ca website. Previously these services were only for still-serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.

Minister Hehr also announced today that the Veterans Affairs Canada's Service Delivery Review, a detailed assessment of service delivery channels, is now complete. The recommendations developed will establish a new vision for an ideal service model focused on the Veteran ...
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Irrigation Ministry
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2017, 17:39:31 »
Claim coming up on 1 year now and have been stuck in 3rd step since August. Anyone know how much longer can you wait and what really can one do? I keep getting the "We're processing claims from April" for the past 3 months now...

Online jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2017, 17:46:57 »
I have been fortunate in my two previous claims with reasonably good service.  The most recent has been at step 1 for three months now.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2017, 09:12:46 »
Claim coming up on 1 year now and have been stuck in 3rd step since August. Anyone know how much longer can you wait and what really can one do? I keep getting the "We're processing claims from April" for the past 3 months now...
You can talk to the ombudsman. There might be something they can do to speed it along. Even if there is nothing they can do, at least it adds to their data.

Offline thunderbolt

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2017, 17:18:05 »
I opened up myVAC account today to see if I got "my" letter for the top up and saw that my claim that I put in last August was complete. They had all documentation as of December 28th so I was expecting no answers until at least September or later. Funny thing is, it was dated for March 29th, so now it has to be included with the top up for April 1st.

Government agencies never cease to surprise me ...

Online Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 13:41:13 »

Veterans Affairs Canada Service Standards

You can download as XLS or CVS file at link. I found the XLS file corrupted and reported same.

http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/111eb3cf-7774-4920-82fa-32231fb2f4ba

Subject:

Homepage: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/service-standards
    Maintenance and Update Frequency: As Needed
    Date Published: 2016-12-06
    Openness Rating:three stars

About this Record: Record Released: 2017-04-13

Veterans Affairs Canada Service Standards

Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) has set service standards to ensure quality and timely delivery of services and decisions. The department is currently conducting a review of these standards to ensure they report on the service experiences that matter most. New standards may be added and/or existing ones may be changed as a result.

Publisher - Current Organization Name: Veterans Affairs Canada
    Licence: Open Government Licence - Canada

Resources
Resource Name    Resource Type    Format    Language    Links
2015-16 Service Standards    Dataset    XLS    English    
2015-16 Service Standards    Dataset    CSV    English    
2015-16 Service Standards    Dataset    XLS    French    
2015-16 Service Standards    Dataset    CSV    French    
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Irrigation Ministry
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 15:50:22 »
VAC stopped replying to my secure messages. It's been a week and a half since I asked for an update on my claim. Maybe they're busy processing all the top ups...

Offline PuckChaser

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 18:05:18 »
There's a warning on MyVAC that secure messages would take at least 5 business days for a response.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Irrigation Ministry
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2017, 21:22:43 »
I know, I usually had a reply within two days. i think it's up to 8 business days now

Online Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2017, 09:05:46 »
Why? VAC hired and trained new staff. According to VAC, increased applications, but they got more staff who are now trained to process. Over 3500 employees.

IMHO it is all BS. It's like throwing money at a problem. VAC employees need a fire lit. Just BS.

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 01:44:26 »
I'm also seeing large increase in wait times for response, even in the expatriates department, which is normally must faster than average. (Less people to deal with, I assume)  Too much internal bureaucracy processing files is likely the main cause.
Graffiti in regimental toilet stalls: The official guide to troop moral....apparently.

“Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything.” - Professor Farnsworth

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 14:52:33 »
You can talk to the ombudsman. There might be something they can do to speed it along. Even if there is nothing they can do, at least it adds to their data.

The only thing that seems to get their attention is when you send a letter to your MP and the Minister himself. Give that a try. At the very least you'll hear from them.

Good luck.
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.