Author Topic: Applying for RMC 2017-2018 school year  (Read 16374 times)

Offline lk8945

• Rate Post
Re: Applying for RMC 2017-2018 school year
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2017, 01:32:40 »
Hey guys,
I recently completed my CFAT and I have 10 days until my interview..
During my debrief, the officer told me that I was eligible for early admission and that my application would be considered top priority.

What are the requirements that are needed to be met for early admission and how is it different from regular admission?

Offline DirtOnMyBoots

• Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2017, 20:46:53 »
Hiya,

I applied back in September, did my CFAT in December but due to consent issues couldn't continue anything until last week. I have my medical on Thursday and my interview in 2 weeks. I applied for Computer Science with Intelligence as the ultimate goal but now I'm being (strongly) encouraged to consider other option.

Seeing these 90+ averages has me wondering why the man I spoke with was so adament that they'd want me even though I'm so incredibly behind. My average is at best high 80s but I have a couple courses to finish still. My higher grades are from grades 9 and 10.

My biggest question is how exactly the bilingualism component works. Do the classes also bounce between English and French or is that only outside life?

Thanks for any answes :)
Recruting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice: Intelligence
CFAT completed : December, 2016
Application: September, 2016
First Contact: October, 2016
Enrolment Interview: March 27, 2017
Medical: March 8, 2017
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD

Offline Hodg95

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 20:40:55 »
Hello,
I have been following this form for some time since I started my application process back in September, I received my offer on March 3rd for infantry officer and will be attending RMC Saint Jean for my first  year. Who else has BMOQ starting on June 26th?

Offline Didi30

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2017, 22:14:59 »
Hello,
I have been following this form for some time since I started my application process back in September, I received my offer on March 3rd for infantry officer and will be attending RMC Saint Jean for my first  year. Who else has BMOQ starting on June 26th?

Congratulation! My son received an early offer at the beginning of january dated from December for infrantry officer and he will be attending RMC St Jean for his first year too. I think he will be with you.

Offline lmac99

• Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2017, 10:01:27 »
Hi!

I began my application in September of last year. Since then, I have submitted all required documents to my recruiter. I am applying from out of Canada (from Mexico), so I haven't done my interview or medical test yet. Does anybody know what the deadline for selections is? I'm worried that I am behind schedule, and that this will affect my chances of getting in.
Thanks

Offline Alarty

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 09:25:03 »
My biggest question is how exactly the bilingualism component works. Do the classes also bounce between English and French or is that only outside life?

During FYOP, you will take a French language comprehension test. Based on your score, you will be placed on a certain module. When I got tested, some chose to hand in the test right back to the administrator and began soon after at Mod 0 and some people like me, scored high enough to have the chance and get tested right away for their French language profile which you will need later in your career to advance in senior officer appointments. You will have the chance to get tested around the time you complete Mod 10 if you do not get given the chance right away.

There are three components to a language profile: grammar, reading, and speaking. You take all tests separately, and all are assessed with the following grades (from lowest to highest): X, A, B, C, E.

"A" means you know French but not that well. "B" means that you are able to defend yourself in a French environment; this is the minimum you must acquire across all three language profile components in order to graduate from RMC with AFAN (have the right to say rmc after your name; e.g. A. B. C. Bloggins, rmc). Beyond B is quite admirable with E meaning you won't ever be tested again.

After you get a minimum of B/B/B, you will have the chance to take classes in your second official language but personally I don't believe that is enough to do well in a class. Simply take the placement test seriously, because RMC's priority is to help you graduate with your AFAN, not just your academic degree and therefore if they believe is necessary, they will put you in for a whole summer learning French when instead you could be advancing in your phases of training or doing work experience.

Best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 13:32:08 by Alarty »

Offline DSilver

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2017, 22:45:40 »
So I have finished up submitting all the required documents and completed my CFAT, and Interview. I guess all there is to do now is wait.

I have a few questions though. Firstly, I have looked around on this website and have seen that in the past some people received their acceptances as late as May, but if someone can confirm that I would appreciate it, I don't feel that I am one the most qualified candidates so if I do get accepted I assume it will be near the end.

Also if possible if anyone happens to know more detail about how the prep year works, some clarification would also be appreciated because from what I understand it is for applicants that need improvement in some way, whether that is grades or other things. The reason I am asking is because, my average is quite good, but I do not have a science or grade 12 math, which I don't technically need but is suggested for the Arts degrees and I want to know if there is a good chance I will be sent for the prep year to make up for that.

Thanks.
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: September 30, 2016
CFAT: November 8, 2016
Interview: January 11, 2016
Medical Exam: January 11, 2016
Position Offered: March 23, 2016
Swearing in: TBD
BMOQ: TBD

Offline Alarty

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2017, 23:10:06 »
The reason I am asking is because, my average is quite good, but I do not have a science or grade 12 math, which I don't technically need but is suggested for the Arts degrees and I want to know if there is a good chance I will be sent for the prep year to make up for that.

It's not a requirement and so do not worry about them. You will take a math placement test and depending on how you score, you will be put on MAE 103 (college pre-calc) or go straight to a more advanced course: MAE 106. As long as you submitted you application early, preferably before December, and you aren't failing any classes, your chances of getting selected are possible.

Offline DSilver

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2017, 23:16:19 »
It's not a requirement and so do not worry about them. You will take a math placement test and depending on how you score, you will be put on MAE 103 (college pre-calc) or go straight to a more advanced course: MAE 106. As long as you submitted you application early, preferably before December, and you aren't failing any classes, your chances of getting selected are possible.

Thanks for the quick reply. A placement test makes sense.

I had my application in by the end of September and I am not nearly failing any classes. So I hope I am good.
Trade Choice 3:

Offline DSilver

• Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2017, 14:59:11 »
I just received my offer to the ROTP program for Artillery. They didn't tell me much and said I would get more information in the near future.
Trade Choice 3:

Offline montoya

• Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2017, 15:29:50 »
Shouldn't this be about the time where we see numerous postings from happy people who have been accepted to RMC??
As Shrek would say, "it's quiet.... too quiet"

Does anyone know if the "first wave" of offers have gone out?

Cheers

Offline camo

• Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2017, 17:32:00 »
I received my offer to the ROTP program for SigO. Like @DSilver they didn't tell me much and asked me to call them back. I'm a Quebec student so I will spend the next two years at the RMCSJ. Dreams are coming true !!

Offline MannySingh1337

• Rate Post
Applying for RMC 2017-2018 school year
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2017, 18:48:26 »
I received my offer this past Friday for ROTP Infantry Officer.

There were no dates on my offer either, just basic conditions if I was to accept the offer. The offer did outline that a phone call is to be made some time in the near future to collect some information (I'm guessing final transcripts) and give me some dates, I'm guessing for enrolment and BMOQ.

EDIT: Dates were not accurate, recruiter just emailed me with final days for enrolment but still nothing on BMOQ departure.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 13:15:42 by MannySingh1337 »

Offline Alarty

• Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2017, 00:33:42 »
As Shrek would say, "it's quiet.... too quiet"

ehh.. sure there bud.

Offline jyk608

• Rate Post
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2017, 16:04:32 »
So after conditional acceptance, do we get full acceptance?

I got my conditional acceptance about 2 months ago but still no news since.

Offline Didi30

• Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2017, 19:16:16 »
Somebody will be sweared the 18th of June in CMRSJ?

Offline camo

• Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2017, 23:16:57 »
Somebody will be sweared the 18th of June in CMRSJ?

I will !

Offline Didi30

• Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2017, 08:46:38 »
I will !

Where do you come from and what trade have you chosen?

Offline camo

• Rate Post
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2017, 10:52:36 »
Where do you come from and what trade have you chosen?

I'm from Montreal's south shore, and I applied for Signals Officer. What about you?

Offline Didi30

• Rate Post
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2017, 18:18:20 »
I'm from Montreal's south shore, and I applied for Signals Officer. What about you?

We are from West Island and my son applied for Infantry Officer.

Offline AERE15

• Rate Post
  • Applying to ROTP for aeronautical engineering.
Applying for RMC 2017-2018 school year
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2017, 15:35:25 »
Just as an FYI to everyone applying, I called the recruiter today and they said that there are two selection dates for ROTP. March the 30th and April the 19th. I'm not sure if these dates are just for AERE (what I'm applying for, and I am on the competition list) or if they are for everything. He said I would likely find out within 1-2 weeks of the 19th if I'd been accepted. Hopefully this can help some of you out.
+25
Recruting Center: Ottawa
Applying to RMC (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: AERE
Application Date: 09/5/2016
Tests:
CFAT- Passed
Medical- Passed
Interview- Reccomended for acceptance
Merit Listed - April
Position Offered: TBA
Basic Training Begins: TBA

Offline mudrunner

• Rate Post
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2017, 21:58:53 »
Goodluck to you all on bmoq. With regards to start dates, if you're going to CMR or are playing RMC Varsity you'll start around June 26th, as for the ones going to RMC and not on varsity there will be 2 platoons starting every week for roughly 4 weeks. Work hard and I'll see you at the college.