Author Topic: CFPAS Download  (Read 37880 times)

Offline schrodinger

• Rate Post
CFPAS Download
« on: November 27, 2013, 19:07:29 »
Hey, I recently reformatted my computer and forgot to backup my copy of CFPAS. I was wondering if anyone has a copy that they could email to me or if someone could PM a password so I may download it from the website.

Thanks!

Offline TwoTonShackle

• Rate Post
Re: CFPAS Download
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 22:08:41 »
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/cfpas-sepfc/en/index.asp

E-mail the admins with your particulars and they will provide you with an access code.

Offline MJP

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:36:01 »
Anyone have the password for the CFPAS they can PM me?  I just need to touch up a few PERs and loathe going to work on my leave.
Hope is not a valid COA

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 12:13:03 »
Anyone have the password for the CFPAS they can PM me?  I just need to touch up a few PERs and loathe going to work on my leave.

PM sent.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Let me check my Giveashitometer. Nope, nothing.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators - AES OP
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 13:42:26 »

I do not go into work, or work, on leave.  Makes it so easy!!   ;D 
The only time you have too much gas is when you're on fire.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 13:46:03 »

Eye In The Sky, don't ever think about transferring over to the Reserves for a Class B contract then.  Working while on leave, is an occupational hazard.     ;)
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline MJP

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 13:47:17 »

Meh, considering this is for my troops and in this particular case I am the reason the work has to be done I don't mind.  There are hills I die on; this isn't one of them.
Hope is not a valid COA

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Let me check my Giveashitometer. Nope, nothing.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators - AES OP
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 05:26:01 »
Eye In The Sky, don't ever think about transferring over to the Reserves for a Class B contract then.  Working while on leave, is an occupational hazard.     ;)

I used to do the Cl B (A) gig, and didn't go to work when I was on leave then either.  My leave is my leave.   :nod:
The only time you have too much gas is when you're on fire.

Offline FailTrace

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 18:22:15 »
Hey would anyone mind please PMing me the password for CFPAS? I've got some corrections to make and I can't make it into the office. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline sloganc

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 08:45:27 »
Always been curious how this works. Is the protected B info left off till back at the office ? And is it brought back to work with a USB stick and then scrubbed .. or emailed through the firewall?

Offline 031441

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 22:19:23 »
Can someone PM me the password as well please?
Should have brought the work laptop home forgot I didn't have CFPAS installed on my home machine.

Offline dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 07:15:40 »
Just wondering why there is a password on this program. It is not like you can do anything with the program except write PERs/PDRs, there is nothing sensitive on it. I guess you can make the claim that if someone finds a bunch of PER files they could read them at home, but it think that it is a stretch. Seems like judging by the number of people asking for passwords that it is just hindering the intended users.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC

Offline Sheep Dog AT

• The Fly in Someone's Ointment - Giggity
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 08:35:22 »
How do you save the draft if you can't use the same thumb drive in your pers computer and army computer?
Apparently infamous for his one liners.
Oh Giggity Well...........Giggity

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 09:09:09 »
You should be issued a protected B usb drive and just scrub it when you go into the office. There should be scrubbers there, I usually just to the LCIS shop right next to mine as they always had a scubber handy.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 11:16:19 »
I don't think it's kosher to have/process Protected B information on your personnal computer... 

Also, once a media is labelled a certain protection/classification level, you can't downgrade it without doing some significant work to it.  You can't plug Protected B media into your personnal computer.

Offline PuckChaser

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 11:29:58 »
SSM is right.

I don't get why everyone is desperate for CFPAS at home. Write what dots you have, take them home. Type yourself an email with a narrative in it, and take 5 minutes copy/pasting it into the PER format at work, and you're done. Worked for me for 7 years.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 02:56:28 »
Put your narratives and scores in MS Word. Cut and paste the narratives and copy the dots. Way easier to modify and correct, in MS Word, also.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
-P.J. O’Rouke-

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 03:00:20 »
I don't think it's kosher to have/process Protected B information on your personnal computer... 

Also, once a media is labelled a certain protection/classification level, you can't downgrade it without doing some significant work to it.  You can't plug Protected B media into your personnal computer.

Reservists don't have the luxury of doing it at work. Lack of computers and time preclude it. The only way to complete them is at home. That's why they made the CFPAS program downloadable to your home PC.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
-P.J. O’Rouke-

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.

Offline BinRat55

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 13:15:57 »
I print out the dots at work and write the narritive at home in an email. Hit that little airplane up in the corner and it waiting for my the next morning! I redact as I go (MCpl Xxxxxxx) and I do this with the right amount of letters. Not so necessary now, but when we were filling the whole page, if I typed Cpl X at home 3 times and then copied and pasted at work - Cpl X became Cpl Laughtenschlager. Bring on the yellow!

Plus I have a Mac. There is no CFPAS option for us Mac users!
Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline macaronicaesar

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 09:30:31 »
Recently reformatted my PC and lost my CFPAS install as a result.

Can someone kindly PM the download password. 

Offline AK

• Rate Post
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 11:25:52 »
Recently reformatted my PC and lost my CFPAS install as a result.

Can someone kindly PM the download password.

PM Sent.  Cheers!

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 11:43:48 »
Reservists don't have the luxury of doing it at work. Lack of computers and time preclude it. The only way to complete them is at home. That's why they made the CFPAS program downloadable to your home PC.

I am fairly certain you cannot process Protected B information on personnal computer.  Using Word and not using identifiable information is probably the best way to go. Being a reservist doesn't absolve someone from adhering to security directives/instuctions.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 11:59:44 »
I am fairly certain you cannot process Protected B information on personnal computer.  Using Word and not using identifiable information is probably the best way to go. Being a reservist doesn't absolve someone from adhering to security directives/instuctions.

There is actually specific instructions that allow you to use CFPAS at home. You can fill out the dots and complete the narrative. As long as you don't fill out any of the tombstone data, nor use the member's name in the narrative, then the document is not PROB. You can then email it back to your work computer, finish processing it, and save it PROB to a stick.

It's not because he's a reservist, it's because it's within the rules.
“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 12:08:01 »
Learn something everyday!

Offline PuckChaser

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 13:01:35 »
Key words are the document is Protected B "when completed". Not complete without tombstone.