Author Topic: contingency cost move  (Read 7520 times)

Offline ~ss~

• Rate Post
contingency cost move
« on: September 13, 2012, 19:19:59 »
I have a question.
I am trying to request a contingency cost move for personal reasons and my CoC is not being supportive at all. Not only have they not tried to help me figure out the process, when i asked my direct supervisor to get me an appointment with the WO to figure out my next move she said she sent an email but no response, which i figured out recently she did not send. I am worried because i don't have my CoC's support and I'm scared to do this alone. any suggestions?

Offline Wookilar

• Rate Post
  • Insert deep thought.....
Re: contingency cost move
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:56:02 »
First place to start is DAOD 5003-6, Contingency Cost Moves for Personal Reasons, Compassionate Status and Compassionate Posting

You have to have a real hard look at yourself and your situation in order to see if you fit the reasons for CCM vice Compassionate Status/Posting. Doing so in a clinical/unemotional manner is sometimes (usually) very difficult to do.

Just because you cannot get past your immediate supervisor to the WO does not mean that your CoC does not support you. You aren't even to that stage yet. It means that your immediate supervisor, at best, does not share your sense of urgency or, at worst, is just a bit of a male sexual appendage.

Have a read of the DAOD and DAOD 5003-0 Restrictions on Duty and Individual Limitations and see where that gets you home work wise. Instead of talking to your supervisor, if you are getting no joy, talk with your RMS Clerk.

READ THE REFS FIRST!
Why are there swamps on top of hills?

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 16:24:39 »
I have to second that. I have the distinct impression that a lot of people really don't understand a CCM and lump it in with compassionate postings. Be prepared to explain why it should be a CCM vs compassionate.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 16:37:51 »
I have to second that. I have the distinct impression that a lot of people really don't understand a CCM and lump it in with compassionate postings. Be prepared to explain why it should be a CCM vs compassionate.

While both a CCM Posting and Compassionate Posting may appear the same from the surface when applying, they are not.  Both have very differing career implications and resolution times.  The approval process is relatively the same but the largest hurdle is "who pays" for the move, which is the bad point of it.  A CCM posting will come directly from the respective CM's budget, whilst a Compassionate posting will come from higher up.  So if your CM has no money left in their posting budget, your sort of stuck......
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline upandatom

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:27 »
FYI

Ill acknowledge this is an old post first, but it is the first topic that comes up with regards to CCM.

Its stated that a CCM fin coding comes from the respective CM.

It does not, it comes from the same pool as the Compassionate posting allowance.

Your CM and CoC (not direct CoC,) the higher up the chain is very influential in the decision made by Col of D Mil C.
Stating, if your memo as directed is to the CO of your unit, your CoC has to pass it up, with their input whether or not to support or not, from that point if your CO agrees that a CCM is the most appropriate way to resolve the reasoning for a posting, (family requirement, language, medical, career potential etc) he/she will then submit a letter to your CM, stating that bla bla bla should be posted to alleviate these issues.

From that point your CM may ask you for various ppwk, etc to support it (if they support it).

From what I have been informed by the OR, Base OR, CM, and other senior members including my RSM, Very rarely will the Col of D Mil C go against what the CM, CO and medical, or social services recommend for a member. Especially if the unit/location you are requesting to go has positions and is higher on the priority manning list.

Compassionates should be used as a last resort. They have very stringent career implications. I have researched this alot over the past year.

for ref

DOAD 5003-6

I am McLovin

Offline Yawjames

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:07 »
Hi, does anyone have info on who pays for contingency cost move. i went to the padre for help on applying for a move from Trenton to Edmonton and he told me that I have  to pay for it. My mother in law was diagnose with cancer last year and my wife wants to go back home. i have  review the DAOD 5003-6 and anything was mention that members pay for the move.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:40 »
The Crown will pay for a Contingency Cost Move. From your perspective, it will be funded like any other move.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.